Pinball (resized).png
IMG_2905 (resized).jpg
IMG_2904 (resized).jpg
IMG_2902 (resized).jpg
IMG_2903 (resized).jpg
alternating (resized).JPG
AS relay adj. (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

What does this relay do? A guy in town asked me to look at his and in about an hour I've got it working good. Couple questions/bugs:

Match isn't rotating. Always on 70. Is that tied to this relay?

In 3 ball does 1 of the 3 lanes at the top start already triggered? Seems to on this game. So on reset you already have 1 of the 3 colours at 5000 points.

And are the sling shots really worth 1000 points each?

Occasionally 5000 points get scored the second the ball goes in the shooter lane for ball one. Tied to question 2?

Thoughts

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

The AS does control Match, so if Match isn't moving, the AS isn't spinning most likely.

Any tips or would a simple good cleaning likely fit the bill?

#15 6 years ago

And that's the one in the left of the head next to the credit stepper unit correct?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If the arms that hold the ratchet shaft are misaligned or binding the shaft in any way, the relay will stick. You can twist the shaft carefully with a flat blade screwdriver in the proper direction. Try removing the load that the cam wheel has by lifting the contacts away, as suggested earlier. The relay has to be adjusted precisely, but it will hold the adjustment for years. Another source of drag wiper arm(s). Ensure that the pcb is smooth. I put a tiny amount of light grease on it.

I'm confident I can figure it out. Just wanna ensure I'm looking at the right unit. Is it that one in the upper left side to the right of the credit stepper? Was one of the only things i couldn't quickly put a finger on its purpose in the first few minutes of looking at it. Haven't seen the game since though.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

This may not be the same unit, but I'm sure there are relevant tips.

Yeah that looks like it. I figured as it was the only thing I couldn't identify. I'll get er tuned up.

#30 6 years ago

Appreciate the help everyone. I'm sure I can work my way thru it but I've ordered some parts for him yesterday. Probably won't head back till the new parts come in.

3 weeks later
#36 5 years ago

Tha is for the tips guys. Got that guys relay tuned up and working 100 percent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-as-relay-1?tu=Pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.