Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by steamfitter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I fired up my warehouse condition Gottlieb Arena for the first time yesterday and it looks like it has some issues with its CPU, at a minimum. While some of the lamps come on, as does the backbox neon, there is nothing on the displays, no lamp cycles or any audio. All of the fuses have continuity and the voltage coming off all of the components of the aux. power board are right in line. But I couldn't find any test points on the CPU board, and had no idea where to start there. I unplugged and re-plugged all harnesses in the backbox, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions on what I might try next?

#2 3 years ago
#3 3 years ago

What I really need are test points on the CPU board. I don't see any in the manual/schematics I have, so I think I'm going to have to do some line tracing to figure this out, unless someone has any tips.

#4 3 years ago

The 5V supply going into the CPU was reading <1V. I traced it all the way back to the transformer block. The voltage coming off the rectifiers on all three of the circuits: 6V, 12V, and 24V, were all out of line. 24V is reading 34V, 12V is <1V and the 6V was 7V. All of the fuses on the transformer block are carrying a load just fine.

I'm thinking that my transformer block is hosed somehow? Any ideas?

#5 3 years ago

Check your connectors , pinwiki shows pictures of good and bad compare with yours . Good luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 399.95
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
€ 8.40
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside