Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man No Sound

By jwatkins712

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,

I got my boards back from ChrisHibler and my machine is up and running. I have one display that I need to replace and a few bulb issues to fix. My main issue now is that I have no sound at all. The sound board was tested before it left the shop and is working 100%. I’ve tried swapping proms and adjusting the volume but haven’t had any luck in getting any sounds to play. I also checked the fuse and it’s good. Any suggestions on where to start?

#2 1 year ago

Is the speaker OK? Try measuring ohms across the speaker wires - should be about 8 ohms. Do you get any sound by pushing test button on sound board?

#3 1 year ago

So the lowest setting on my multimeter for ohms is 200. I got a 0 reading on the speaker. The board itself doesn’t make any sound does it? I’ve pushed the test button and nothing happens.

#4 1 year ago

Looks like the speaker is shorted. Try another one.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from jwatkins712:

The board itself doesn’t make any sound does it? I’ve pushed the test button and nothing happens.

No, sounds do not come out of the board, since there is no speaker on the board. The board sends sound signals to the speaker. However, to use the test button, the game needs to be in "Game Over" mode. There should be a specific procedure for using the test button described in the manual.

If you're reading 0 ohms at the speaker, the speaker is shorted and needs to be replaced. You should have taken the resistance reading on the speaker itself with the speaker unplugged.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks everyone. I’ve got another speaker on the way. I’ll update here once I have it installed.

1 week later
#7 1 year ago

So the speaker was bad. I also found that the sound prom I ordered is faulty. Should have a new one in a few days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Saint Paul, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.