• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190220_194645 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hey Everybody!

Does anyone have a picture of a working backbox lock? I can't figure out how to attach my new lock to the existing cabinet. The coin door was self-explanatory.

Thanks!

20190220_194645 (resized).jpg20190220_194645 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I can't figure out how to attach my new lock to the existing cabinet.

There is a nut holding the barrel in place. Are you asking how to access the inside of the backbox part without unlocking it?

#3 5 years ago

Hi YeOldPinPlayer,

I attached that barrel and nut. It was just a hole, no barrel in place. I'm trying to add it back so it works as intended. For all I know, I bought the wrong lock for this mechanism. I just can't seem to find a picture online showing a fully working backbox lock mechanism. The previous owner tied two metal brackets (with black tie) that appear to have a role...I just can't figure it out yet. I didn't attach the locking latch and screw that goes on the inside of the barrel (similar to latch used to hold coin door closed/locked).

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

That era of Gottlieb are probably all similar. Try asking for a photo or two in the club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club

#5 5 years ago

Thanks YeOldPinPlayer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-amazing-spider-man-backbox-lock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.