You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 - Copy (2) (resized).jpeg
image9 (resized).jpeg
image7 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Looks like I'm going to be needing a schematic for my Gottlieb Aloha soon. There are two relays in the back that direct the scoring to player 1 or player 2. Can someone tell me where these two coil wires come from? Looks like one is green with yellow, and the other may be brown with orange (hard to tell). Neither relay pulls in, and some points count up on player 1 and some count up on player 2, no matter the turn. If I manually close them one at a time, I can get player 1 to work correctly, and vice versa. Thanks.

nomo

image7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from nomo:

Looks like I'm going to be needing a schematic for my Gottlieb Aloha soon.

You want to fix the machine so you need the schematic now.

Quoted from nomo:

Can someone tell me where these two coil wires come from?

Probably from the Player unit at the bottom right of this picture, but there will be other switches involved, like on a Game Over relay if there is one. The schematic will lay it all out.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=62&picno=60861&zoom=1

#3 6 years ago

I see one set of wires off the right relay coil lug and the other off the center. That center coil looks pretty cooked; have you tested it?

Report back after you get the schematic and scan and post it.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I answered my own question. Its from the balls played unit. On 1 player, it advances twice each ball, on 2 players, it advances one time each ball. The football shaped piece had three problems: To far out on the shaft. It was adjusted with the set screw. Alignment with pins was off. It was adjusted with the three flat head screws, and the wiring was cobbled up on one end (in photo), cleaned up mess and re-soldered correctly. Players now score correctly. Yes the player one coil looks a little toasty! I have a few others that will need to be replaced too, that also don't look so good. Thanks nomo

image9 (resized).jpegimage9 (resized).jpeg

image1 - Copy (2) (resized).jpegimage1 - Copy (2) (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-aloha-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.