Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image10 (resized).jpeg
20180312_122334 (resized).jpg
20171006_171218 (resized).jpg
20171006_171033 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I have completely gone through my 1961 Gottlieb Aloha. Everything is working now accept for the bonus units do not reset between players turns or at the start of a new game. They do however, reset and score through the saucer switches and the gobble hole. I've been going in circles on this one. It seems that the only way they reset is through the subtract bonus & B delay relay which doesn't fire between turns or start up? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

The schematic will tell you how the bonus resets. Do you have it?

#3 6 years ago

You'll need to find which circuits send power to the bonus reset solenoid. Do you have a schematic for the machine? Find the bonus reset solenoid on the schematic and work back through the switches to see if any of the switches are mis-adjusted. You can post a schematic segment of the bonus reset solenoid circuit here for additional info...

#4 6 years ago

20171006_171033 (resized).jpg20171006_171033 (resized).jpg

20171006_171218 (resized).jpg20171006_171218 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Here are the schematics. The only way I'm seeing the bonus units reseting is when the F coil fires which is the subtract bonus and B delay relay. What am I missing here?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from silverballpaul:

the bonus units do not reset between players turns or at the start of a new game. They do however, reset and score through the saucer switches and the gobble hole.

Do you know for sure that they should? Looking at the schematic, the only way for the "Subtract Red/Yellow Bonus Unit" solenoids to fire is if the I "Red Bonus Hole"/J "Yellow Bonus Hole" relay fires. There's nothing in there about outholes or drains or resetting.

I have a '65 Gottlieb Paradise and some of the features take longer than a game to achieve so they are left as is between players and between games. They only reset once the feature is collected. It's kind of a neat twist on the rules where both players work to build up a bonus but only one player gets to collect it. It also draws in more games if the bonus is almost ready to be collected.

I vaguely recall that Bally Rocket III also leaves the lit planet unchanged between games because it takes a while to work through all of the planets.

/Mark

#7 6 years ago

That is what I was wondering. Seems a bit strange not to start a new game with a reset bonus. This is the first machine I've seen it on.

#8 6 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

5 months later
#9 6 years ago

I found this old thread on the Gottlieb Aloha bonus. Two questions, should the bonus reset to zero between players or on new game reset? When the ball lands in the bonus hole and the bonus counts down, I assume the score should be adding up? My score does not increase as bonus is awarded. Anyone have a schematic that can tell me how the bonus gets to the scoring? Thanks nomo

#10 6 years ago

Hopefully this will help.

20180312_122334 (resized).jpg20180312_122334 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Finally found the lack of bonus scoring issue. Re-soldered this broken connection and good to go. Thanks for the schematic photos!
nomo

image10 (resized).jpegimage10 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-aloha-bonus-reset?hl=nomo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.