Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Working on a Gottlieb Team One - quick question - when the game is tilted, the ball/wow units subtract two balls or wows after TILT. is this the proper behavior? Schematic is a bit confusing in this area.

That said, other than tilt, ball / WOW count units working fine throughout an entire game. Also... all associated relays (AX, O, R, H) and associated contacts + motor contacts clean and gapped properly + ball count/wow count units working properly as well.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Working on a Gottlieb Team One - quick question - when the game is tilted, the ball/wow units subtract two balls or wows after TILT. is this the proper behavior? Schematic is a bit confusing in this area.
That said, other than tilt, ball / WOW count units working fine throughout an entire game. Also... all associated relays (AX, O, R, H) and associated contacts + motor contacts clean and gapped properly + ball count/wow count units working properly as well.

As far as I know, from the instruction cards, Team One's tilt loses ball in play AND the next ball.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for confirming fellas, saves me some time for sure.

As a player of replay games where I grew up, TILT was always current ball penalty only. Not sure i understand the reasoning behind losing current ball in play + the next ball; especially in a 3 ball game, that's a brutal penalty for AAB players.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

As far as I know, from the instruction cards, Team One's tilt loses ball in play AND the next ball.

Didn't think of looking at the instruction card for the game, duh!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

yes kindda brutal in 3 ball

#7 4 years ago

Want brutal? Move the selector pin to "tilt ends game".

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Want brutal? Move the selector pin to "tilt ends game".

Would be a great question for Wayne Neyens... why was this feature included in games this late in the EM era; why the difference in add a ball vs replay games as far as this feature is concerned... why didn't they just go with current + next ball after TILT? I'm all for penalizing a player for TILT, but entire game... that's just too much of a penalty. Given Wayne was an expert at game design and the ability to award/penalize players in a fair way, this seems really out of place. I'm not an AAB guy so my perspective could be off.

1 week later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Just to follow up, my SI card doesn't have TILT penalty text line; looking at Inkochnito's site, there are several flavors of this card.

#10 4 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Home Run - a bit earlier than Team One - but it is an AAB and also penalizes a tilt with the current and next balls. Because Home Run doesn't have bonus, I always thought that losing the next ball was the incentive not to tilt. Normally the incentive is your current ball and your current bonus. Is this really an AAB thing or a lack of bonus thing?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

game design and the ability to award/penalize players

May have been a feature that operators asked for or demanded,
to help combat/deter those locations where the players were a little less polite.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Is this really an AAB thing or a lack of bonus thing?

All the Gottlieb single player add-a-balls are ball plus ball in play. If there's an exception, it would
be news to me. If one knows the ball is about drain, also loosing the next ball would maybe make one
think twice about roughing up the machine in an attempt to save it. On Replays, it's 5 and out. They
may have felt that the same penalty would be a little harsh since there is no way to achieve any additional
balls..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-aab-games-ball-wow-count-question-on-tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.