Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180610_165351 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180610-172427 (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Hi every players
I start to restore electronic cards on a Stargate by changing Q1 and R3 on A2 but I did a bad soldered on Q1 and it result of burning the 12V fuse and A8 board...

So I change every recommanded parts on A8 but nothing appears on DMD and the game won't start.
I change U8 gal chip, the game start and work well but nothing on DMD

I buy a new DSPROM (who was also burned) and ask for a rev4 (note on the old one) but I received a rev3 and the DMD works with garbage (picture 2). As it is write on the 1st picture there's no rev4....? And rev3 work with rev4. Also change U5;6;7 U16;U17 on A8 and U11 on A1...but nothing better.

Is it a revision problem or something else?
Why do I have 4 players on DMD when I choose to play 1 player?

Thanks for any suggestion

20180610_165351 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180610-172427 (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

Currently sounds like a RAM issue

#3 1 year ago

Ok I Will change every RAM on A8 and see what it done.

THX

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Benhurr:

Ok I Will change every RAM on A8 and see what it done.
THX

Shot gunning every chip on the board is not a good idea unless you're totally out of options.

Does the display look any different in test mode?

Try replacing U4 first as this is a common failure point.

#5 1 year ago

DMD looks same, I'll change much I can the RAM cost 6 euros and another 2 euros... 6 others are approx 0,5 euros and already spend 20 euros so...that is the last try or I might buy new A8 for 160 euros.

Thanks for your suggest

I will let you know if it works

Have fun

1 week later
#6 1 year ago

So I replace every chip on A8 card, but always have garbage when playing movie scenes...but sometimes it also blinking and the red diode too at the same time...I ears a song coming from the DMD so I think it also could came from it or test the 12v
I will bought a new Dot cause it is out of gas...but 1st I need to find why does it blink...

#7 1 year ago

Have you replaced the components in the high voltage section?

#8 1 year ago

I've already changed those 20 pieces for A8 repair kit...might change all capa and diodes. Will did it next days.

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

Step ...88 Change Crystal by new one but nothing better so I bought a new DMD cause the original one was out of gas after 24 years of good services.
Always garbage that appears at any movie scenes so I will change every capa resistance and diode left this week.

#10 1 year ago

Change D1 to D10 also C23 to C25 , C27 to C30 but nothing better on DMD.
Electronic seller tells me to clean any ribbon connector...already did fast with contact spray so I disconnect any A8 ribbon and scrape them all female connector too.
After reconnect A8 it seems to be a little bit better with complete movie scenes but some don't work (always same strange...) there are less garbage between sequences so I will bought all new ribbon cables.

Close to the end...I hope

1 month later
#11 1 year ago

How did you go with this? I have just replaced U9, U10, U11, and U2 on my display controller but no improvement. I have ordered a new U13 and U1 so will see if they help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Wappingers Falls, NY
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside