(Topic ID: 182899)

Gottlieb A-9735 coil

By bicyclenut

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Im fixing a Jumping Jack and the hold relay coil is burnt and broken. It is a A-9738 coil. I have extra A-9735 coils. can I replace the 9738 with a 9735? Will it work?
Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Something tells me no.

I don't have easy access to a 9735 but a 9738 is supposed to have 32 ohms resistance. What is the resistance of a 9735?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What is the resistance of a 9735?

it looks like 14 ohms

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

it looks like 14 ohms

I'd say no.

#5 7 years ago

35s are the common momentary type coils, you need the 38 for long term holds like tilt hold/hold, etc. Steve has them in stock. I have found them in parts games on the 100,000 point hold relays if you have access.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

35s are the common momentary type coils, you need the 38 for long term holds like tilt hold/hold, etc. Steve has them in stock. I have found them in parts games on the 100,000 point hold relays if you have access.

Yeah, what he said. And to be clear, I don't think it's a "get me through for a week" kind of thing either, I'm pretty sure it would burn it up in 10 minutes or less of being (locked) on, as that relay is designed to do. The relays that use that kind of coil, as you know, are only on for very very short periods of time or at least only a few seconds at a time.

#7 7 years ago

Here ya go.

Great info here. Conversion chart.

http://www.pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html

#8 7 years ago

Thanks everyone. I did some more research and decided not to do it. I ordered some new ones. They put those specific coils in there for a reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-a-9735-coil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.