• Latest reply 4 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200228_223824 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

So I put back my goldwings after repainting the cab and clear coating the play field. Aside from some strange errors I've been getting I noticed when I try to start a game this relay in the middle keeps tripping on and off. I don't recall this doing it before. The game tries to start but will randomly act like the ball is drained and cut power to the flippers.

There seem to be three relays at the back of the playfield. The first one is open, the second closed, and the third open. If anyone has advice or ideas please let me know. Thanks.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

So I put back my goldwings after repainting the cab and clear coating the play field. Aside from some strange errors I've been getting I noticed when I try to start a game this relay in the middle keeps tripping on and off. I don't recall this doing it before. The game tries to start but will randomly act like the ball is drained and cut power to the flippers.

There seem to be three relays at the back of the playfield. The first one is open, the second closed, and the third open. If anyone has advice or ideas please let me know. Thanks.

When my flippers would die, it was first a ground problem, then a driver board problem. That center relay opening and closing sounds like a normal start up to me. Kids are in bed now, so I better not fire it up. If you drop a ball into the playfield to drain, does the ball get kicked out? What else on the playfield is dead? I'll be happy to look at my schematics and my machine when I hear back.

20200228_223824 (resized).jpg20200228_223824 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

This is normal behaviour when starting a game.
The game is waiting for the ball.
How many balls do you have in the game?

#4 4 years ago

So...an odd thing happened. I couldn't get it to do anything different....A buddy told me to reseat the roms. Didn't work but it did change something. So then I was like...well...let's take the mpu out of diamond lady and swap the boards/roms around....regrounded it....it's working fine. What an odd odd thing. ~_~ I suspect that some of my connectors in the game need to be redone though...but hey it's working. Wooo...thanks for your help guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-80b-relays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.