Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wwe3rd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Here goes...I have GI lighting and that is it. This happened after intermittent booting issues and resetting issues for several days. I have replaced both the MPU with a new board from Schwemmer and the Driver Board with new board Boston Pinball. I have done the ground mods at the transformer and show 5V flowing onto both the MPU and LDU. Displays are dead, Switched Lamps are dead, Sound is dead. GI lighting only. Help.

#2 9 years ago

Assuming the Swemmerboard and +5V powersupply are ok......bad ROM's?

#3 9 years ago

I don't know as I am at the end of my pinball knowledge base. How would I go about checking that?

Every so often you can turn the game off and on and then the GI lighting does not work but all Switched Lighting is full on and the solenoids/flippers all have power to them yet you are not in game mode and the displays are still dead.

I have a 5V power supply coming to swap out the one a have.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Wwe3rd:

This happened after intermittent booting issues and resetting issues for several days

This is "sign" of +5V trouble ( if it happens on both MPU)

did you measure +5v ON the MPU board, and value is...?
Also is good to check INPUT at +5V PS, BOTH parameters..... DC value AND also AC level

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

Thanks guys. It was indeed the 5V power supply. Picked up a new one and all is well. It was reading around 2.5V at the MPU. So the Swemmer MPU board would light as if all was well when it wasn't.

BTW at least for my Bounty Hunter the new power supply board was built where you have to install it upside down for your cables to reach and also rotate your connectors 180 degrees to match the supply pins. As a rookie, had I installed as "plug and play" I probably would have fried the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-80b-issues-bounty-hunter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.