(Topic ID: 265588)

Gottlieb 65 Kings and Queens Trivia and Restoration Thread

By SteveinTexas

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100 (resized).jpg
    99 (resized).jpg
    98 (resized).jpg
    20180912_121801_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    39 troubleshoot (resized).jpg
    38 lower playfield (resized).jpg
    37 lower plastics (resized).jpg
    36 shooter lane (resized).jpg
    35 playfield (resized).jpg
    33 ts 1 (resized).jpg
    32 us3 (resized).jpg
    31 us 2 (resized).jpg
    30 us 1 (resized).jpg
    29 b polished sides (resized).jpg
    29 a (resized).jpg
    28 New Rails (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

The other dilemma, do i clear this beautiful WK pf?

I would Auto clear it, no hesitation. I did with my QD and plan to do so with the 2001, ACD, and Wizard playfields. The slickness of the clear actually settles down after a hundred plays or so but continues to look good and hold up well.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

The bumper brackets coil stops are riveted not screwed into the bracket and one was worn and too far gone. I want to reuse the original brass bracket, so will drilled out the rivets and replace with the newer stops.

Won't that change the geometry as the riveted stops are not normally as tall as the replacement stops like you showed in the above photo? That would give a shorter stroke and present as weaker in its action. Unless you modify the plunger shorter the same differential which would then give you the same stroke.

Or maybe find an acceptable condition used bracket?

Nice work by the way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-65-kings-and-queens-trivia-and-restoration-thread?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.