Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BubbaK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170324_192253 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6620 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6613 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

I think you are mostly talking about the rat-trap-score-reel-era games but the later 60's games are great too.

Here are the ones I am lucky to own with pictures throughout my collection history.

Airport is taken apart now and is in the restore queue, you never see that title and I was lucky enough to find a much nicer used backglass on local Craigslist from a random non-pinball guy (he's had it stored away in the dark since 1984), can you believe that... Will be put in the machine once I finish the cabinet up.

'69 Gottlieb Airport

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPGIMG_0369 (resized).JPG

'66 Gottlieb Mayfair (took this picture for my proud new high score!)

IMG_6971 (resized).JPGIMG_6971 (resized).JPG

'69 Gottlieb Skipper (I've never seen another or even pictures besides IPDB; pretty game)

IMG_6613 (resized).JPGIMG_6613 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6620 (resized).JPGIMG_6620 (resized).JPG

'69 Gottlieb Wild Wild West

IMG_6155 (resized).JPGIMG_6155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6160 (resized).JPGIMG_6160 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from singlezero:

I was noticing last night, I was playing my Williams el toro and I had it two player and I tilted one player. that ended that first players game entirely. I thought, that was rather a quirky feature.... and then noticing on the bg ... there is a tilt for each player. I wonder , do any other 60s multiplayers .. do the tilt ends a game? im thinking it is ... something Williams done but after thinking about it, with no accumulated bonus .... to lose, all one would lose otherwise is that .. one ball being drained.

Most Gottlieb single-players have a game-ending tilt up until the late 70's I believe if not even there.

My Bally Star-Jet has game-ending tilt per player, two tilt lights.

Pretty much the reason Gottlieb probably didn't do like their single-players is because all the extra hardware and work it would require - hence the reason for the only "ball-ending" tilt I would assume.

1 week later
    #17 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

The problem with multiplayer games never really changed until the SS era. You basically played five 1 ball games. There was no progressiveness to a game like there was with single players. You always went back to the start, excepting your score. This was especially true on drop target games.
    I don't dislike them, but they'll never replace a single player for me. I only own two, Grand Prix and Time Zone. No Gottliebs at all.

Some games carry over vari-target, ball locks, and bonuses between players (making it so you can "steal them") and sometimes even between games. So, it's a little variety. I like the whole "stealing" thing which stopped with EMs, it provides a unique challenge - to either score your own award, steal your opponent's award, or hope yours doesn't get taken.

The mid/early 60's Gottlieb games have bonuses that don't reset with the game, and some of the vari-target games carry over between players and new games. My Airport (first game with them) always resets them I believe, but on Wild Wild West and Skipper they do not. Skipper has a jones plug adjustment to make them reset between players (and very presumably between games), I did not notice this adjustment option on Wild Wild West though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-60s-multi-players?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.