Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BubbaK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170324_192253 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6620 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6613 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0369 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't like them. They have barely existent rulesets and just about hitting standups for points. Kind of like Whoa Nellie. Which I do like. So whatever.
    but no, not a fan of gtb 60s multiplayers. They didn't figure it out till the 70s.

I disagree because a few 60's Gottlieb multiplayers are super fun and unique. I own a Pleasure Isle it'll be one of the last pins they roll out of my house when I push up daisies , my other 60's multiplayer is Mayfair. it's a nice 2P with twin shooters. From a nostalgia point : it's the very last of Roy Parker Art and part of pinball History. Playfield has MJP which is another plus . Not all 70's 2P are my cup of tea. Duotron and Lawman both lasted under 6 months and I cut bait. A 60's Gottlieb 2P I'd like to own is Surf Side. Bally had some great 2P in this era. The only one I've played was Loop the Loop the replay version . It was a blast .

1 month later
    #13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Most Gottlieb single-players have a game-ending tilt up until the late 70's I believe if not even there.
    My Bally Star-Jet has game-ending tilt per player, two tilt lights.
    Pretty much the reason Gottlieb probably didn't do like their single-players is because all the extra hardware and work it would require - hence the reason for the only "ball-ending" tilt I would assume.

Not entirely true. Most AAB single player pins have penalty of ball in play plus 1 ball. There is a pin adjustment but I played these pins on route and that was the norm.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

The problem with multiplayer games never really changed until the SS era. You basically played five 1 ball games. There was no progressiveness to a game like there was with single players. You always went back to the start, excepting your score. This was especially true on drop target games.
    I don't dislike them, but they'll never replace a single player for me. I only own two, Grand Prix and Time Zone. No Gottliebs at all.

100% Not True. Pleasure Isle is progressive and keeps the ABCD reward active it does not reset on drain. As player 1 when you knock out ABC the second player only has to achieve the D to get the reward. If he does not get the D, then player 1 has that opportunity on his or her next ball. Additionally any player can earn up to 5 extra balls and not lose their turn until all the extra balls are exhausted. These balls are cleverly displayed as rotated illuminated beach balls in the backbox as part of a double animation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-60s-multi-players?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.