(Topic ID: 177104)

Gottlieb 5 cents 1 play label... anybody have a game with this?

By Otaku

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Mibs Gottlieb, 1969

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

d47b7c6215b2fe2fed79d3850b8ee5c244377671 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Never saw one of these before, found it on a thread that is a few months old. Cool stuff. Obviously this coinage was way outdated by the time this style coin door came around, and I suspect the ones he found were the "cover all bases for desired operation" extras that came with the game which makes a whole lot more sense since I am shocked anybody would use it.

Here's what I said on the matter:

Quoted from Otaku:

Don't mean to bump this thread, but I've never seen the 5c/1 play decal, and slightly less importantly nor the 2 plays or 5 plays for those other specific denominations.
PBR only reproduces the "2 nickels 1 play" label, and the 10 cent and 25 cents label but with less plays per coin. That 5 cents 1 play label must have been for early games that used that coin door for those rare operators who weren't up to the standards of the usual price cost per play (same for 25 cents for a whopping FIVE plays), similar to the 8 balls per play setting on some 60's add-a-ball machines that I wonder if anybody EVER used. I guess that is why I have never seen it before, I bet they were only very rarely used! Kind of wish you would have scanned it first!

Quoted from Otaku:

Actually, I am assuming those are the factory original extras provided with each game(?) hence the oddly-non-optimal coin designations.

The thread and picture:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dime-coin-acceptor-question#post-3382013

2 months later
#2 7 years ago

Bump. Still fascinated by this.

d47b7c6215b2fe2fed79d3850b8ee5c244377671 (resized).jpgd47b7c6215b2fe2fed79d3850b8ee5c244377671 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-5-cents-1-play-label-anybody-have-a-game-with-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.