pasted_image (resized).png
0Fast-Draw-Work-06 (resized).jpg
0Fast-Draw-Work-05 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
0Fast-Draw-Work-04 (resized).jpg
20180525_213338 (resized).jpg
0Fast-Draw-Work-03 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg, currieddog +
maybe this JPG is of help (?) - greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-02 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
in my JPG the "blue stuff" probably is obsolete --- or we may talk about later. You toggle-on Your pin and The Q-Relay MUST pull-in and the U-Relay MUST pull-in. You then start for a new game - the S-Relay must pull-in - the motor must start running - the AX-Relay must pull-in --- this closes "encircled-green switch" - the H-Relay MUST pull-in - and the H-Relay actuates its switches - the "encircled green" switch moves - H-Relay now MUST stay pulling (as it has established Self-Hold-Circuitry).
You may try: Toggle-on - start a new game - then use an wooden stick - hurry - YOU press the armature on the H-Relay - does it stays pulling ? And what happens then ? Greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-03 (resized).jpg

#20 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
You should write more details - what is "stuck at player-1-Ball-1" ? You start a game - the pin resets and kicks-out player-1-ball-1 --- You play and make points and bonus - You loose the ball - AND NOW - AAA - does the ball just lay in the Outhole and thats it ? or BBB "bonus is counted playfield-stuff is resetted and then the ball is kicked out - unfortunately (again) as player-1-ball-1" ?

In Gottlieb pins it is important that the ball kicked out really rolls over - under the apron - rolls over and closes the "trough-switch" - the P-Add-Player-Unit-RELAY then is made to pull and the stepping to next player / next ball happens NOW (AFTER the ball has rolled over the Trough-Switch). Here http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2459&picno=46683 in the upper right corner we see the Trough-Switch - a wire is bent - formed - the ball rolls on the playfield and the switch under the playfield does close. So when we have the playfield liftet for testing .... we simulate playing -loosing the ball - bouns counts down - Outhole-Kicker fires AND NOW WE MUST CLOSE the Trough-Switch when the ball does not close it.

Please write - do You have the AAA or the BBB - we then do look at the JPG. Greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-04 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-04 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#25 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
see the JPG - from inside towards outside on the motor in Your pin: The second switch on position motor-1C --- does it truely open when the motor runs ? Greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-05 (resized).jpg
#27 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shangri-la-awarding-game-match-with-wrong-number-lights#post-4451458 see the JPG --- 12 + 12 equals 24 --- I like SteveFury 's Test-Light (made of two 12-Volt-car-bulbs) he shows here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-gottlieb-schematics#post-2634425 .

Unplug Your pin (Safety Reasons) - see the JPG here - some of the connecting wires I drew "red" - and I marked "yellow" some "clip-on points" --- look for a relay - its coil has on one side soldered-on (two) wire-color-black --- clip-on the Test-Light. Then may want to use the "Ball-Return-Switch (easy accessible) - side wire-color-YEL-BLK is soldered-on" - clip-on. Then plug-in, toggle-on, start a game --- Your Test-Light must be lit when the motor is NOT turning - and the Test-Light must turn-off when the motor is turning ? With this Test we check "Does the motor-1C-Switch truely opens ?". Greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-06 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-06 (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
we believe the resetting the Drop-Targets does close a switch and this makes the J-Relay to pull-in. What happens when You play a ball - NO Drop-Target drops - then You loose the ball - do You get "Your fault" ? --- IF (if, if) "No" - play the next ball and only make ONE Target to drop - then loose the ball --- some work to do --- then make another one to drop - then loose the ball ...
Work through every Drop-Target - each "alone dropped" --- learn "are we looking at the right place ?". Greetings Rolf

#30 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
in Switzerland it is 23:40 (hour) - late, I must go to sleep. Some people like meters / DMM - some like Jumper-Wires and Test-Lights. I hope I will read tomorrow about "Your findings". Greetings Rolf
P.S.: Yes, maybe a shortage somewhere --- these are the bad faults - we cannot see them in the schematics (stuff mounted close together in reality in the pin very often is far apart in the schematics).

#37 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
I would like "another pinsider HAVING an Fast Draw to answer Your question in Your post-35" --- (it is me - its my problem: I usually can say: Yes - I see a picture).

The original problem is "You get points added when the ball rolls over to the shooter alley - making the P-Add-Player-Unit-Relay to pull - making the Player-Unit to step" we believe "the J-Relay faulty pulls-in - caused by a problem on motor-1C-Switch" --- is this true ?

"Work-Arounds are 2nd, 3rd choice" - fixing is much better - I would like You to do an test that maybe (non-pleasing) may end as an Work-Around. See the JPG - cut the short wire (probably color-SL+WH) connecting one side of the coil to "Switch mounted on the Relay" - cut or unsolder - and sneak-in two looooong Jumper-Wires - the ends coming out of the open Coin-Door. Clip the two ends together - play --- You then say "its time to loose the ball" - before loosing the ball: You disconnect the clipped-together Jumpers - You open the connection - the J-Relay cannot pull-in --- You loose the ball - and, question: Has Your original problem vanished --- or is it still present ?

"Problem is still present" means: We look on a wrong portion of schematics ---
"Problem has vanished": You may want to consider: "Adding a new, added-switch on the P-Add-Player-Unit-Relay - switch open when P-Relay is pulling" - You make Yourself an "Work-Around" (?). Greetings Rolf

0Fast-Draw-Work-07 (resized).jpg0Fast-Draw-Work-07 (resized).jpg
#40 5 years ago

Hi PhilGreg
Great - You found the cause of the fault and You fixed it. Thanks for "post-39, pictures and explanation".
When the last issue is "mechanical problem": I cannot help. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-4-player-player-unit-alignment?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.