Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Ok, now I'm about really pissed off... it's late and I need some sleep... most match circuits rely on a separate motor switch for each coin unit position in the circuit for end of game match.. so as I look at my TA schematic, I see the path from the coin unit to the FS relay and player 1 to 4 tens units, but I'm not seeing the separate paths to the knocker/credit stepup for players 1 through 4 when the last ball hits the outhole... anyone with a TA or similar 4 player game - please chime in to tell me I'm a dope and there's a simple explanation to why I'm not seeing it. Especially important as I'm only matching on player 1.

Thanks in advance.

Don O

#2 9 years ago

My quick read of the schematic is that the Coin Unit should subtract once per player on the last ball, resulting in the Match path being 'scanned' for each player. So it would check Player 4, then 3, and so on down to 1 as the score motor runs (pulsing via motor 4C).

The path jogs through motor 4C, BX, and O to the 'Subtract Coin Unit' coil (easier to see starting at the Subtract Coin unit and reading left to right). It's between index 13 and 14 on the schematic.

#3 9 years ago

ahhhh... yes (Bally Fathom) reply on your

Quoted from DirtFlipper:My quick read of the schematic is that the Coin Unit should subtract once per player on the last ball, resulting in the Match path being 'scanned' for each player. So it would check Player 4, then 3, and so on down to 1 as the score motor runs (pulsing via motor 4C).
The path jogs through motor 4C, BX, and O to the 'Subtract Coin Unit' coil (easier to see starting at the Subtract Coin unit and reading left to right). It's between index 13 and 14 on the schematic.

AHHHHH.. YESSS (Bally Fathom) response in order DirtFlipper! I wasn't thinking about the coin unit subtraction portion of the circuit and it's obvious now where my problem lies... awesome, gotta love Pinside and its members!

#4 9 years ago

BTW, the problem was so simple it's ridiculous. The coin unit reset was mechanically binding in that it wasn't allowing a single step reset... it would basically do a full reset. Cleaned portions of the reset linkage attached to the reset coil plunger, and the circuit works like a charm. Now this Target Alpha is playing 100%. Love to get a game fully functional.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-4-player-match-circuit-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.