6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Gtb-300-Work-14 (resized).jpg
s1slam (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Hi JojoButterbean
I am not happy with Your description of the problem - from post-1 I read "did run for some time - then a severe problem showed up" --- what actually is "stuck on Tilt" ?

Here http://www.stevechannel.com/tiltmechanism.htm is a good article - look at the last picture - usually the plumb bob tilt is mounted near the ball roll tilt. In Your pin the ball should stay in same position as shown in the picture. Do You see in Your pin such an "brass plate" as shown in the picture ? Maybe an preowner had unhooked and taken out the plumb bob Tilt ? Write about "brass plate" in Your pin.

Your pin is an rather modern Gottlieb --- it has not an Control Bank - it has an Coin-Unit (how many players want to participate in the next play) and it has the "not loved" AX- etc. Interlock-Relays. A picture of an Control-Bank: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=823&picno=19015 and a picture of Your pin: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2539&picno=43468

"Control-Bank or no Control-Bank" - Gottlieb pins are built "strange - irritating" - we plug-in the main power cord and toggle on the main power switch --- we do see the "Tilt-Light" in the backglass lighted and we have no playfield lights lit (and we cannot move the flipperbats as there is not yet a game started). This situation*** we see I would NOT call TILT --- when we press the Replay-Button and nothing-happens*** - I would not call this "stuck on Tilt".
situation***: I call this "plugged-in,toggled-on - NOT YET a game started"
nothing-happens***: I call this "cannot start a game after toggling-on"

I show snippets of the schematics - I put colored numbers into the JPG (for easyer orientation). To start troubleshooting:
Look at the Q-Game-Over-Relay when You toggle-on the pin - does it pulls-in and stay pulling ?
Look at the U-1st-Ball-Relay when You toggle-on the pin - does it pulls-in and stay pulling ?
Write about.
IF (if, if) they both are steady pulling: Wear rubber gloves or use an wooden stick (Safety Reasons, electricity can kill You) --- press the armature of the "H-Tilt-Hold-Relay" - does it stay pulling and the "Tilt-Light in the backglass turns-off" ? Press the armature of the " R-Hold-Relay" - does it stay pulling ? Press the armature of the S-Start-Relay - does it stays pulling for a while and the Score-Motor starts to run ? --- WHAT happens ? Greetings Rolf

P.S.: You may try the "pressing the armature" on Q-Relay and on U-Relay --- both must stay pulling --- we have trouble starting a new game if these two relays are not constantly pulling.

0Gtb-300-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Gtb-300-Work-14 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-stuck-on-tilt?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.