3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by monks0141
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture2 (resized).png
    Capture2 (resized).PNG

#1 3 months ago

i have had this game for a while, the man i got it from just turned it on when he wanted to play but i want to fix the problem. i noticed some wires that did not look like the other cloth covered ones and i know they could have been replaced, but when you want to play you just hit the start button the game does not end i noticed the coil or relay to game over was burnt so i got one to replace it nothing changed so i got a scematic to try tracing wires . my question is if there is always power on at the start button how can the game end am i on the right thinking or could it be something else i know some of you that have seen alot of games on freeplay have probably ran into this before is there many ways to rewire it to freeplay or just a few thank you for your help jason

#2 3 months ago
    Quoted from monks0141:

i have had this game for a while, the man i got it from just turned it on when he wanted to play but i want to fix the problem. i noticed some wires that did not look like the other cloth covered ones and i know they could have been replaced, but when you want to play you just hit the start button the game does not end i noticed the coil or relay to game over was burnt so i got one to replace it nothing changed so i got a scematic to try tracing wires . my question is if there is always power on at the start button how can the game end am i on the right thinking or could it be something else i know some of you that have seen alot of games on freeplay have probably ran into this before is there many ways to rewire it to freeplay or just a few thank you for your help jason

Jason the power always being “on” at the start button (in other words it always starts a game) is simply a function of the game being set to free-play by having a switch bent closed on the credit unit in the head of the game. This is good and correct unless you want it to require quarters to be played.

The game over issue has to do with the Game Over Relay. If you will post that part of the schematic (you’ll find where it’s located if you look at the list of relays on the left side of the schematic and then its corresponding position on the schematic) folks here will help you trouble shoot. Most likely it’s a simple fix of a switch that should be closing that’s not.

#3 3 months ago

Last ball relay? Make sure your contacts on the relays are gapped properly. Take a flex file or sandpaper and make sure the contacts are clean also.

#4 3 months ago

When you start a game does it go thru all the balls? What happens after ball 5? Keeps going? Could be ball count unit.

#5 3 months ago

Here is the circuit leading into Q (Game Over). I would also check the BX, which is a tricky interlock. It's the Last Ball relay.

Capture2 (resized).PNG
    #6 3 months ago

This snippet may be useful as well. The upper red line connects to the WH to the left of 4C above. R is the Hold relay.
    Capture2 (resized).png

#7 3 months ago

thank you to all who responded i will check the things everyone told me to when i get a chance hopefully tomorrow and let you know if it worked jason

#8 3 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

When you start a game does it go thru all the balls? What happens after ball 5? Keeps going? Could be ball count unit.

i got it set on 3 balls but it does the same on 5 balls after the last ball goes down the shoot the game does not end the lights just flash off and on untill you mash a button and it puts a credit on and push the start button game starts. i want to leave it on like the others but i am afraid with the lights flashing it will burn something out, someone said just leave a ball in the shooter lane but that might hurt something also thank you jason

#9 3 months ago

Some good reading about AX/BX/_X relays from Clay's guide: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#reset

My Target Alpha has had some problems with shutdown in the past and it's always turned out to be one of those.

#10 3 months ago

thank you to all who responded i got a chance to look it over better and found a switch on the stack that goes to the game over relay closed . it need to be adjusted i guess that was how it that person put it on freeplay the game never ended the lights kept flashing after the 3rd ball , everything stayed energized but its working right now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    $ 179.99
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 219.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside