You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch_assembly_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160710_190648_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160710_190659_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160710_184728_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello All,

I just bought a 300 for $300 that I hope is only going to be a slight project. Someone "borrowed" at least the screws and nuts off the player 2 hundreds reel. I'm trying to figure out how to put it back together. I'm hoping someone will pull their score reel out and shoot some pics so I can see what I'm missing. If anyone can tell me what I'm missing also that would be appreciated. I have attached a few pics of what I'm starting with.

Thanks!

IMG_20160710_184728_(resized).jpgIMG_20160710_184728_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160710_190659_(resized).jpgIMG_20160710_190659_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Look at the hundreds score unit for the first player, and you will see how this switch stack is supposed to go.
- TimMe

I took a look at Player 1 and it doesn't have as many switches as player 2, but noticed player three is closer to the player 2 that I need to fix. I guess my next thing is to figure out where to get the parts, if I should try and find them used or if checking to see if Steve Young has them available.

Below is a pic of player 3 hundreds reel.

It looks like I have most of the stuff, but need the plastic actuating arm, the long thin screws, nuts, and some bakelite spacers. Would be really cool if Steve sold this as a unit or I could possibly buy a full switch off someone

IMG_20160710_190648_(resized).jpgIMG_20160710_190648_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

Well, if the 1st player 100 unit doesn't have both a carry isolation switch and an EOS switch, that sounds to me like it's missing something. If you have the schematic you can check on this - AFAIK there is no reason for the 1st player 100 unit to be different from the others in this regard.
The long machine screws, switches, and spacers are the same ones used on virtually any AG type relay, so if you have a salvage relay you can just steal the parts from there. The plastic piece is not an actuator, it is just a bumper placed between the back of the EOS switch blade and the stepper unit metal bracket. The nuts are the difficult item to find, I usually steal them from salvage score units when I need them. If you really get in a pinch, you can use #4-40 machine screws and nuts if you are willing to drill out the pathway for the screws a little bit.
Steve Young may indeed have these parts, so it's worth checking with him. In the parts catalogs I have, the individual parts are not called out, but the complete assembly is. The switch assembly you are looking for is B-15906.

- TimMe

Unfortunately I do not have any parts relays available. My friend has a parts Williams Gulf stream. He looked at it this morning, it doesn't use nuts and the screws appear to be a different size from the pics he sent me. I have emailed Steve so we'll see what he says, but if he doesn't have what I need I guess I will next look into buying a parts Gottlieb relay or whole parts reel. I don't mind drilling out the hole the screw passes through if need be. Thanks for the part number, I will see if Steve has the switch assembly.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

pindude80...I may have what you need. I think I have 3 or 4 Gottlieb reels cut out from a game years ago. I'll take a look tonight and post back.

Awesome! Let me know when you get a chance to look, itching to get this baby up and running.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

More parts than you'll know what to do with.
ebay.com link » Gottliebs Big Indian Em Pinball Machine Score Reel Assy

Ah ha! Nice find, I just might buy it to have on hand for if/when I start to work on my Playball, or if I end up needing anything else for 300, it's a bummer there's still dang near 48 hours until the auction ends.

Thanks!!

#11 7 years ago

Ok, I will see about ordering some screws and nuts with my next purchase. I will probably buy the score reel set on ebay just to have on hand for future repairs if the auction price doesn't go too high, there is still almost 2 days until it ends. Steve Young emailed back and said they are out of the switch assembly I need. I'm hoping Cash_Riprock can locate his spare so I can purchase from him and not have to wait for the ebay auction.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Alas, I have failed. : ( I looked where I thought they were but must have thrown them out....sorry.

Ok, thanks for looking.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'd never question anything Tim says, I'll just not difficult to find, but impossible to find. Online is about the only way to find them unless you have a really exceptional hardware store locally. You certainly will not find them at Lowe's or Home Depot.
I have quite a few Gottlieb decagon assemblies on hand that I've bought over the past few years. It's a really good idea to buy them and keep them, as some of this stuff can be hard to find if Steve Young doesn't have them.

I guess I will try and get the one on Ebay and if it doesn't work out I'll post a wanted to buy ad, guess I won't be working on the game this weekend

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Looks like auction ended with BIN.

I contacted him this morning and asked if he would be interested in a buy it now price of $20 and he agreed. He changed the auction to BIN and I bought it. He generated the USPS label so with a little luck I might see it Saturday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-need-pictures-of-player-2-hundreds-reel?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.