(Topic ID: 100466)

Gottlieb 300 motor runs and runs and runs...

By robbycsmith

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayner
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Target Alpha Ply Step Up.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaskett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from robbycsmith:

I've inherited two EM games, a Bally Knockout and a Gottlieb 300. Both have their issues, Knockout some what plays but has scoring issues, 300 well its never run right since they got it. For some reason I remember my father tripping a wire in the backbox as a kid to get the game to start up right, yah I want to avoid that. Anyways here is my issue, I flick the power on and immediatly the score motor just starts running nonstop. Not pushing start or anything, just turn the machine on and we're off and running and not stopping. Is there some sort of trouble shooting list to go through to get this to run and stop? Here is a video.
» YouTube video

I am having the same problem with my Gottlieb "300". Did you ever get this figured out Robby? I have a schematic, but don't know how to read it.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi chaskett
On Your Gottlieb "300" the Score-Motor starts to turn just after turn-on the main switch (underneath the cabinet) ?
Look in Your schematic -> E-20 / E-21 is the symbol of the Score-Motor. To the right: The symbol of the "Service Jack (if You want to turn the turntable by hand). Then several "Normally-Open" Switches:
"D-Relay-Switch" (I suppose D): D-Yellow-Hole-Relay
E-Red-Hole-Relay
F-500-Point-Relay
G-500-Point-and-Add-Bonus-Relay
K-Bonus-Score-Relay
O-Ball-Return-Relay
P-Add-Player-Unit-Relay
S-Start-Relay
W-Second-Chute-Relay
AX-Reset-control-Relay
Motor-1C-Self-Hold-Switch
If one or more of these switches is / are closed: The Score-Motor will start turning as soon as You turn-on the Main Switch. There is a list of "Relays" / "Other Coils used" (schema: 9-10-11-12-13-14 - A-B).
Which switch(es) is/are "faulty-closed": You must find out.
Read this: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#coindoor -> jammed coins ? bent coin switches ?
You should locate all these relays in the pin and look at a specific relay when turn-on the Main-Switch -> does this specific relay start-pulling at the time You turn-on the Main-Switch ? And then the next relay ...
( I do not want to frustrate You - BUT: The specific relay may NOT start-pulling - but the Switch-blades on the switch (on that relay) are bent and the switch is "faulty-closed".
In a first step we look at the relays (pulling ?) - if necessary: in a second step we look at switches on these relays. MOST of the times: the RELAY is "faulty-pulling" ...
I suggest: check "W", "S", "K", "O" and report.
AX- and Score-Motor-1C are "not easy to check" - I suggest read: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#motor -> especially the "Gottlieb-Stuff" -> read till (and) "The Score Motor's Home Switch" and "Score Motor Brake". Greetings Rolf

Thanks, Rolf! I definitely have me homework cut out for me. Will report back once I've completed you instructions.

1 year later
#18 6 years ago

so something was up with the payer unit on mine. A local pin tech had me hit the plunger on the player unit in the back box until it reset the score. After doing this for a couple games, the gremlin worked itself out and it resets and plays fine, or as well as a 42 year machine will play!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaskett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-motor-runs-and-runs-and-runs?tu=chaskett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.