• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Slim64
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

176696.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slgerber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

I have a Top Score (2 player version) and have been working off and on for a while now on the same or similar problems. First issue I had was the bonus balls were being kicked back and double counting bonuses or not counting them at all and being left for the next player/ball. I found that there is a wire catch that was stuck up and wasn't preventing balls from being kicked up the channel. The next problem was bonus balls were not being added (random bonus kick out) or subtracted (drain and add bonus kick out). I traced it back to the add bonus delay relay. A normally closed contact that isn't releasing. I replaced the capacitor in the add bonus delay circuit which didn't help. This is on a removable circuit board with a diode. If I remove it (circuit board) the machine will play fine except there's no delay which only comes into play every now and then. You may want to try that. Also clean the add bonus relay contact and the 500 point/add bonus relay contacts. I just purchased some jumper wires so I can hook my meter up to the add bonus delay relay and check solenoid voltage during play through the coin door.

#37 9 years ago

On a side note, here is a pic of the bonus ball assembly.176696.jpg176696.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slgerber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-help-needed?tu=slgerber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.