(Topic ID: 81316)

Gottlieb 300 bonus

By Amesra

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I bought my first pinball, a Gottlieb 300, about two months ago. I had been looking on eBay for about ten years and finally pulled the trigger. I think I screwed up because now I want more. Probably a Card Whiz or Royal Flush next. This might get a bit expensive...

Anyway, I'm having a problem with the ball ending bonus. As many of you probably know this has the animated backglass. It always scores one more bonus than the number of balls in the backglass. It does this at the end, thinking there is one more ball in there.

Today I noticed that there are only nine balls in the backglass. I'm thinking there should be ten, you know, a nice round number. Could this be the cause?

Thanks,
    Rick

#2 10 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Amesra.

Your suspicion sounds logical to me. Does it count bonus's any differently if you remove another ball?

#3 10 years ago

I've got the same issue but mine counts off several more then just one. I'll have to look and see how many balls my back glass has.

#4 10 years ago

there should be 10 balls in the backbox. Should be able to fill up the entire line. if your getting ghost counting. Make sure the switch that is in the backbox is spaced correctly. vibration might be causing phantom scores if not gapped correctly.

#5 10 years ago

I did some surfing and found replacements on Steve Young's page. I'm going to order one--I have to assume it originally came with ten balls in the backglass.

I'm hesitant to take a ball out to see if it scores two extra times because the backglass silkscreen is raised in spots and I'm afraid I'll lose some of it. I only want to remove the backglass once, which I think I will have to do to add a ball. I've read up on the Krylon triple-thick, but I want to ease myself in the hobby rather than jump in head first and screw something up.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rickimage.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago

dont' use triple thick. There are many threads already talking about the negative effect. If your backglass is an overwelming piece of shit...then do it. If not, don't.

2 weeks later
    #7 10 years ago

You don't have to remove the backglass to add or remove a ball, you can lower the mechanical backbox.
    There is a handle on the top that you can turn away, support the backbox with one hand and lower it slowly.
    The mechanical bonusunit is then reachable from the front.

#8 10 years ago

I used to pull out the BG and adjust the SWs from the front on games like soccer or super soccer,
    it takes time to get it dead nuts and also a scrap piece of lexan to keep the balls from rolling out but you can just hold it there until you get it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.