SpinnerWeight (resized).jpg
DDE6AE70-8135-40CD-A7C6-BF94BBA54DA6 (resized).jpeg
FF67A9FF-2D28-4C32-8916-3275A0D07095 (resized).jpeg
00157DEB-3D97-435E-85D4-DC7F2FE032D3 (resized).jpeg
35362113-FA63-428D-A1C3-CF7DFCC57950 (resized).jpeg
_25 (resized).jpg
middle (resized).JPG
inside front (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icetea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 3 years ago

Hello All,

New to the group and as some of you mentioned, this is my first purchase as well!

I wanted to see if any of you have experienced or have heard of, my most recent problem with my Gottlieb "300" ? While playing it, there became a noticeable humming noise (an increase in power/energy type of noise/with a hum/vibration) and slight vibration that could be felt under the palms of your hands in the playing position.

I turned the machine off, even unplugged it, waited, took the glass out and lifted up the playfield, to see and hear (in terms of the location of the electronic components effected, on either the bottom of the cabinet or the ones attached to the underside of the playfield) would happen when I plugged it in and turned it back on. So, when I turned the machine on the hum was there and the hum continued when the credit button was selected to a player/game start mode. The hum was from the bottom of the machine, seemed to be coming from the inside front area. Hard to pin point, as well, I felt the vibration come from the same palm/hand grip position/placement (front of cabinet) and the coin door was open and was vibrating (it seemed/felt like the noise was coming from the front).

Since it was not sounding good, with that noise it was making (not normal), I went to press the power button off, and then there was a different sound that was made/heard, like the one you hear when you score a free game (with either points or match), that seem to be coming from the back area of the unit, as the power was being turned off.

Anyone heard of such, or know of problem/solution?

Thanks

inside front (resized).JPGinside front (resized).JPGmiddle (resized).JPGmiddle (resized).JPG
#77 3 years ago

Hello D Gottlieb, Yes it has been working fine for the two years I have owed it and we play it quite frequently. The machine has been set up for free play, by pressing the credit button, which is how I got the machine, and again was never an issue, simply turn it on and press the credit button to how many players. The noise seemed to becoming form the coin door I think as I did not want the machine to stay too long and since the coin door was open it to was vibrating. Someone mentioned that it maybe the "coin lock out relay" on the coin door or the "power hold relay" which I do not know much about in terms of their location or what they actually look like or how to fix.

#79 3 years ago

Hi Mattosburn, the noise had increased, when we were playing the game and stayed, as if something/part was receiving more energy/electricity then normal, plus this little vibration. Both of these things were never present before, when I turn it off and restarted, the machine reset as normal, but the noise/hum stayed and made a weird noise when I turned the machine off.

#81 3 years ago

So, the machine was already on free play when I bought it and only had to press the credit button to activate. Where would the coin relay be, in the door, as I am not sure what it looks like. But I have never heard this increased hum that it was making last night, and the slight vibration, so something is not correct, I can take a photo of the door when I get home later, to post to see if things "look" proper to all. But there seems to be a surging of power, as the machine made a weird click noise when I turned it off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icetea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-and-top-score-club?tu=icetea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.