SpinnerWeight (resized).jpg
DDE6AE70-8135-40CD-A7C6-BF94BBA54DA6 (resized).jpeg
FF67A9FF-2D28-4C32-8916-3275A0D07095 (resized).jpeg
00157DEB-3D97-435E-85D4-DC7F2FE032D3 (resized).jpeg
35362113-FA63-428D-A1C3-CF7DFCC57950 (resized).jpeg
_25 (resized).jpg
middle (resized).JPG
inside front (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

My first pin was and is Top Score. It was my goal to have one since when I was a teen when it was at the local pizza joint. I paid a bit too much for the condition, but it plays fast and is very clean now and reliable. I separated the two pops with an extra relay to improve the action. Love this pin and will never sell.

#15 6 years ago

Double and triple bonus for the 2nd and 3rd ball if you set it to 3 balls.

#19 6 years ago

Your choice 3 or 5. Mine is on 5. Tried it on 3. 5 is better.

4 months later
#24 6 years ago

I bought a full plastics set from Pinball Rescue. The quality is excellent.

#27 6 years ago

Not sure I get your post. The special target will light after hitting the lit star rollover and will turn off upon any scoring action that involves the score motor. The mystery bonus means that you will get 1, 2 or 3 bonuses for hitting the saucer.

2 months later
#30 6 years ago

That looks like it has low plays, judging from the wear on the bg. Glad you were able to save it.

1 month later
#36 5 years ago

Added later by a previous owner. They did not have that post from the factory.

#38 5 years ago

That lane guide as you call it won't change the way the ball drains down the side. My Top Score doesn't have the guide. I modded the pops to fire independently and that improved the action considerably.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballNZ:

Does anyone has a pdf or scan of the schematic for Top score or 300?
Thanks in advance
Clive

Pinball Resource sells the schematics. I support them and am glad they are around.

#42 5 years ago

Ball count troubleshooting may not need a schematic. What exactly is the issue?

6 months later
#47 5 years ago

Don't use grease where nylon touches nylon and use a very light suitable grease, such as the one PBR sells, very sparingly on metal to metal. Most machines have had previous owners put the wrong grease on things. Also, the original 40 year old grease has hardened like glue.

2 months later
#51 5 years ago

I didn't write schematic for it, I just did it. I added another pop bumper relay and just separated the circuits. You will need to add a wire to the scoring relay, too.

5 months later
#53 4 years ago

Based on your description, I would check connections and wiring at the solenoid that kicks them down.

2 months later
#61 4 years ago

Never noticed that..

9 months later
#65 3 years ago

Should be an easy fix. Could be the AX, could also be score reels not resetting to zero...

1 month later
3 weeks later
#76 3 years ago

A contact is closed when it should be open. Difficult to troubleshoot without having the machine in front of me. Is the machine setup for free play, are the coin units installed working properly, was it ever working correctly, etc? You are correct in removing power as whatever is on will overheat if allowed to stay on.

#82 3 years ago

The coin lockout coil is on a rod connecting the two coin mechs inside the coin door. It shouldn't make any noise. Just cut the wire to it and secure/tape so it won't short. Then see if the noise is gone.

2 months later
#84 3 years ago

It is supposed to have a coil stop.

4 months later
#88 2 years ago

No mounting point that I can see.

3 weeks later
#93 2 years ago
Quoted from cataylox:

The real problem was the spinner was stopping inverted and causing the tens scoring reel to lock on and melting it. I made some adjustments to the weight location and the spinner geometry and hopefully it won't stop inverted again.

That happens every once in a while. Make sure that there is a little light oil where the spinner rotates in the frame. I have found that hitting the flippers a few times will free it.

2 weeks later
#98 2 years ago

All the contact blades should be straight into the ladder. Manually operate the relay and make sure that whatever was closed, opens and vice versa.

2 weeks later
#102 2 years ago
Quoted from dsquared_314:

I gave in and bought a new set from macro specialties. Thank you though

I am amazed that they have that.

4 months later
#121 2 years ago

Ensure that the spring loaded contacts on the wiper are lined up to be centered on the rivets and not contacting adjacent rivets. Also check the contacts in the ball count unit for proper operation when the cam rotates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d-gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-300-and-top-score-club?tu=d-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.