• 2001 Gottlieb, 1971

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stepper.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0296.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0285.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0286.JPG (2).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippers_com.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

Don't have the 72 parts catalog handy (I'm not at work), but if 2001 used the ten sided drum decagon unit as shown in the 1970 catalog then that switch is B-10801 and is called Switch assembly 1B. Does it look like this?:

http://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/switch-assembly-p-1668

I only seem to have one left in stock though, perhaps more are hiding in a box...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks.
I know that the 0-9 stepper is stepping properly and the rivets are indeed alligned.
We are currently set for 3 ball play.
I have checked the switch at the top of the 100 reel stack many times. Finally figured out it was the one to move the next reel over.
My 1000's reel makes a small jerking motion when it is supposed to turn but does not.
The coil and plunger move smoothly by hand.
Also I noticed that two of my score reels have the tiny leaf switch that is by itself, broken off.
Who sells these very small leaf switches and what are they called?

These EOS (obsolete part B-10801 - replaced by B-14249) on the 1000's unit keeps the "K" relay energized until the 1000's plunger bottoms out. If the switch is broken then the impulse to the 1000's coil may be too short for it to step as the "K" relay drops out very quickly...

While you are in there make sure that the backstop spring A-9158 is engaging the ratchet steps on the inside of the drum (E-9173 - ten faced, E-13755 - round face). These can be reformed using a blade bending tool - the idea is they drop into the ratchet as the drum finishes its' step...

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flippers_com.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-2001-tech-problem?tu=Flippers_com and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.