(Topic ID: 80611)

Gottlieb 2001 Decagon score reels sticking on 9...

By NicoVolta

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Johnnybee
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• 2001 Gottlieb, 1971

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thegame.JPG
thefix.JPG
reel3.JPG
reel2.JPG
reel1.JPG
image-14.jpg
Score Reel Switch Animation.gif
2001TensReset.jpg
IMG_20140216_193053[1].jpg
IMG_20140216_192948[1].jpg
IMG_20140216_191740[1].jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Heh good to know. I've already committed three machines to TPF, but may make this a fourth. It's a keeper & the retro-futuristic theme is tops for this era. Luckily they aren't unobtanium if you truly want one.

Nothing is unobtanium for a price....but you know me, I generally keep things reasonable and priced low. That way when I decide I don't like it, I can pass it on instead of having to buy a house.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

The lever is not between the frog head blades. This leads to bad things and its pretty tough to track down.

I'm confused because it wasn't like that in the first set of pictures. Did it get jacked up during the troubleshooting, or were those pics of a different reel?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Jose:

I'm confused because it wasn't like that in the first set of pictures. Did it get jacked up during the troubleshooting, or were those pics of a different reel?

Well - the whole thing was a little confusing for us that were following. It seems he has two different types of reels. The type of reel that he posted earlier was a different type, more of an oddball. You can tell it is different because the lever has a little plastic lifter on it. Note the difference between the pics dirtflipper posted .

EDIT - Also - I'm a rookie who has just learned all about this, so I may (likely) be over ridden.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Jose:

Never mind... I see it's a different reel.

9 years later
#55 10 months ago

Thanks to @Hoov, @Cash_Riprock, beadwindow and @SteveFury. The animation by SteveFury was particularly helpful. I just referred to this thread to fix a score reel on a Gottlieb "Big Shot" that was sticking in the 9's position due to too much switch tension. Thanks fellow pinsiders!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-2001-decagon-score-reels-sticking-on-9/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.