Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Does anyone know the specific differences of a 2 v 4 player Gottlieb em? For example, I was wondering the interchangeability of components of a Royal Flush and Card Whiz. I assume the playfields are identical. Obviously the backboxes are different. Is the cabinet hardware the same?

If you had a Card Whiz backbox, could you put it on a Royal Flush cabinet and playfield without any mods? Would it be plug and play?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from stoli1:

Does anyone know the specific differences of a 2 v 4 player Gottlieb em? For example, I was wondering the interchangeability of components of a Royal Flush and Card Whiz. I assume the playfields are identical. Obviously the backboxes are different. Is the cabinet hardware the same?
If you had a Card Whiz backbox, could you put it on a Royal Flush cabinet and playfield without any mods? Would it be plug and play?

no bottom board is different along with the head, pf can be swapped

#3 1 year ago

Thanks!

#4 1 year ago

One area of variability is the way they keep track of how many players are active in the current game. For a 2-player, all that's needed is a relay that is on/tripped when it's a 2-player game. For a 4-player game, there could be 3 trip relays (for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players) or there could be a stepper unit. The Player Unit, which controls which player is up, is always in the backbox. If the relays or stepper registering how many are playing is in the main cabinet, then the wiring from there to the Player Unit, going through those "jones plugs", will not be compatible.
.................David Marston

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside