Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Momentum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Okay - I'm two days into being a Pinsider. I made a post and someone let me know that I did not do a very good job of letting everyone know all the facts. I have now deleted my old post and I'm going to try to start over with all the facts. Thanks up front for being understanding of me being a newbie.

I purchased this machine about 6 months ago and for the most part it was in working condition however the play field, targets, rubbers, ect.... all needed to be replaced. I cleaned the PF and all other items as needed. Here is where the problem begins:
When I push the start button on the door the machine seems to go into the regular start up mode. All targets reset, lights all work and the ball rejects. The play field however does not energize.

Sense I deleted my other post and not to confuse anyone - I will leave all of that information out of this post and start this all over.

Thanks for being understanding.

#2 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

There is a switch located at the far right end of the ball trough that connects the outhole to the shooter lane. You can see this switch mounted on the underside of the playfield.

When a new game is started, the ball count unit is reset to the zero position. In this position, there is a switch on the ball count unit that opens to shut off the power to the playfield. When the ball is ejected to the shooter lane after the game resets, it should actuate the switch at the right end the ball trough. This switch is supposed to step the ball count unit up to ball-in-play 1. At that point, the zero-position switch on the ball count unit should close, turning on the PF power.

Check to see if the ball count unit is at ball 1, and also check that the zero-position switch on the ball count unit is closed. It may be that the switch at the right end of the ball trough is not working, so the ball count unit is never stepping up to ball-in-play 1. It may also be that the zero-position switch on the ball count unit is out of adjustment and is not making good contact, even though the ball count unit is at ball-in-play 1.

- TimMe

#3 7 years ago

Well you were correct, the switch on the right end needed a small adjustment and now it seems to start up advances the ball count and advances to the number 1 position.
New problem however, for some reason the light on the left outer rollover is lite and is advancing points on the score reel.
I checked the wiring schematic and traced both the rollover switch and light. Wires all look good and adjustment on the switch looks good.
Thoughts?

#4 7 years ago

Are you sure the left outer rollover is the source of your issue? If you've checked the left outer rollover switch and it's open, maybe the problem is somewhere else.

Try checking the score switches on the back side of each drop target bank. These sometimes get out of adjustment such that they are stuck closed, which will cause the score to constantly run up.

If all of the drop target switches look OK, you'll need to check each of the rollover switches on the playfield to see if any of those are stuck closed.

- TimMe

6 years later
#5 10 months ago

TimMe
I was reading this post and you were absolutely right one of the rollover thingies were sticking and I pushed them all down and after that I start load the ball. Perfect thank you man you know your stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1976-volley-play-field-will-not-energize-on-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.