• Latest reply 1 year ago by JustJared
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B3C15EC8-3EE4-4E1E-970E-AFF7655D140F (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I just picked up a mess of a Royal Flush. My schematic and manual should arrive from PBR in a few days.

As soon as the power is turned on the Q (game over relay) and U (1st ball relay) lock on and buzz. Is that normal for them to come on and stay on?

When I push the start button the H(tilt hold relay) and R (hold relay) lock on while the S and AX engage, then relax. The coin unit resets but the player unit in the head does not reset. [if the player unit is at any position besides the normal start position, like at ball two or three, the score motor just runs.] Score reels do not reset.

If I play a ball and score points, then drain, it counts bonuses, but does not kick the ball into the shooter lane. If I manually do that, the drop targets reset but the ball count stays at ball one player one.

Lots of problems! Any help appreciated. I'm at a semi-rookie level in repair skill and schematic reading.

#2 1 year ago

I did check the AX and the switches seemed to be gapped properly and open and close right. I could revisit that if advised.

#3 1 year ago

If you search for royal flush on pinside, you can get the list of threads about it. Several talk about the startup, which I found really helpful when I was getting our machine going. It was also a real mess. Here’s a shot of the startup sequence. I ended up getting stuck at about every step.

The AX and BX relays are notorious for being a bit tricky to get adjusted. Also look carefully for wires that may have broken free from their solder joints.

Good luck,
Dave

B3C15EC8-3EE4-4E1E-970E-AFF7655D140F (resized).jpegB3C15EC8-3EE4-4E1E-970E-AFF7655D140F (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago

Thanks dgAmpGuy. Adjusted the Ax, Bx had switches in the wrong slot and was jammed so it couldn't move. Didn't fix the start up problem. Found the Z1 relay was also jammed and unmoving with switches in the wrong slots. Sorted that and all works now. Doesn't kick the ball out when it drains, but that's for tomorrow when I check the O relay, Motor 4C, and Bx on the ball return path.

#5 1 year ago

What luck I found this Thread. I just picked up a Card Whiz and am having similar problems. However this is my first EM and I can tell I have a lot to learn. I've restored several solid states so I'm not totally new, just new to EMs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1976-royal-flush-start-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.