(Topic ID: 252620)

Gottlieb 1976 Royal Flush, open gate lane doesn't open gate.

By TeaHaus

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by TeaHaus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rolloverB (resized).jpg
rollover (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Hello again from Canada. One more issue on my new (to me) Royal Flush. There is a lane on the right side which scores a bonus when lit and also opens a gate at the right outlane which sends the ball back to the shooter lane. The rollover scores points when the ball goes over it but does not open the gate. I've been able to manually enable the open gate when I have the PF lifted up and use my finger to trigger the gate but once I lower the PF and try with the ball, nothing happens (only the points score). Any ideas of what I should be looking for? Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

#2 6 months ago

The rollover switch should close to connect a red+white wire and a white-brown wire, which should cause the ball gate relay (relay EX) to pull in. Once the EX relay is pulled in, it will stay that way as long as three other switches are all closed: a normally-open switch on the EX relay itself connecting a white-brown wire to a white-orange wire, a normally-closed runway (i.e., shooter lane) rollover switch connecting a white-orange wire to a white-green wire, and a normally-closed switch on the P relay (add player unit relay) connecting a white-green wire to a red+white wire. Make sure all 4 of those switches are opening and closing properly.

Hope this allows you to correct the problem. I put a post on your other thread recommending that you get both a schematic and a manual for the machine. I get mine from Pinball Resource. It’s money well-spent for resolving issues as they arise.

#3 6 months ago

After reading your initial post again, the red+white to white-brown rollover switch may be the entire problem if the gate remains open when you manually actuate it. The last three switches I mentioned are what keep the gate open.

#4 6 months ago

Thanks for the advice and tips!! Yes, I have ordered the schematic from PBR.........now just have to wait for it to arrive. Up here in Canada, things shipped from the US can sometimes take a while to arrive.

#5 6 months ago

Glad you’ve made that PBR order. And you’re not too far “up” from me. Growing up, our family had a cottage on Walpole Island, and sometimes we’d go to Chatham. I’ve also been to London. If you ever come down the 401 and come on this side of the bridge/tunnel, maybe you can come over if you want to play some EMs!

#6 6 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Glad you’ve made that PBR order. And you’re not too far “up” from me. Growing up, our family had a cottage on Walpole Island, and sometimes we’d go to Chatham. I’ve also been to London. If you ever come down the 401 and come on this side of the bridge/tunnel, maybe you can come over if you want to play some EMs!

Cool! Thanks for the offer.......I may just take you up on it since I love these old EM's!

#7 6 months ago

Seems the bottom contact never actually makes contact to open the gate. Does one just bend the leaf until they're close enough? There's a shorter leaf that keeps the contact from getting close enough. See pics..........

rolloverB (resized).jpgrollover (resized).jpg
#8 6 months ago

yes just bend it till it is closer and then works

#9 6 months ago

I guess I'm being a bit to soft-touchy with the leaf and it also helps to bend it from the block end......I was trying from the middle and couldn't get it close enough. Bent it from the end and everything works!! Thanks for all the suggestions. The pin works perfectly now..........until the next issue pops up!

#10 6 months ago

Hey, at least you'll have a schematic to consult for the next issue! RF is a great game, you'll enjoy it. I know I do. I play mine every chance I get. Yours looks like it's in great shape. Good luck with it.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Hello again from Canada. One more issue on my new (to me) Royal Flush. There is a lane on the right side which scores a bonus when lit and also opens a gate at the right outlane which sends the ball back to the shooter lane. The rollover scores points when the ball goes over it but does not open the gate. I've been able to manually enable the open gate when I have the PF lifted up and use my finger to trigger the gate but once I lower the PF and try with the ball, nothing happens (only the points score). Any ideas of what I should be looking for? Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Mine opens the gate when the ball rolls over, but doesn't hold it open. Bookmarking this thread for reference when I get home. Also, my trough kickout doesn't work most of the time, so I just play with the glass off. Other than that, the game plays perfectly, and I love it!

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Mine opens the gate when the ball rolls over, but doesn't hold it open. Bookmarking this thread for reference when I get home. Also, my trough kickout doesn't work most of the time, so I just play with the glass off. Other than that, the game plays perfectly, and I love it!

Have a look at that switch under the roll-over but it sounds like it could be the relay........I know on mine one of the contacts was barely on (solder was gone). That could be your issue. Hope you get it fixed. If I can do this, anyone can!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 295.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Art of Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 229.99
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside