(Topic ID: 290922)

Gottlieb 1975 Top Score - Not all score reels reset (Decagon)

By smohr

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by smohr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playr-2-10s_Unit (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi All,

Im trying to get this machine (not mine) working properly. Originally when power-on and try to start a game, the score reels did nothing, the playfield would just flash and the score motor would just spin. Here is what I have found and done so far....

I found a handful of things that needed attention first.
- There were a number of score reels that had wires detached, it was obvious where they went so i soldered those back on.
- I found several broken switches on the score reels (small stack with 2 switches, EOS and carry over... I think thats what they are called). I replaced those.
- I found 2 of the frog-head switches that were not in the proper ladder slot, I repositioned those
- In the backbox, I noticed the "L" and "N" relay switches were actually out of the switch ladders so I was able to put those back in place.
- On the board in the cabinet, I found the relay switches for the AX relay were also actually out of the switch ladder and I was able to put those back in place.

So, now with all that taken care of all be 3 score reels reset to 0.
Player 1 the Ten Thousand and the 100 units do not reset. I will compare the switches to Player 2 switches figuring they should be the same.

Player 2 the Tens Unit does no reset. This is where my question comes in (sorry for the wind storm above but I was just trying to give background info).
See picture below, There is a double black wire dangling and I am not sure where it goes? Also why is this housing different than the others, there is no coil just a plunger, Im thinking it's missing the coil and housing, then they would all look the same.

I was told the machine worked when they got it, but if it did, probable not well.

thanks
Steve

Playr-2-10s_Unit (resized).jpgPlayr-2-10s_Unit (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I just confirmed, from pic on IPBD i am actually missing a coil and housing. So that will probably explain the dangling wire. I will start looking for a coil and housing then continue trouble shooting once I replace that.

Any other thoughts are always welcomed and appreciated

thanks
Steve

#3 3 years ago

All reels now reset to Zero - Player 1 issue of not resetting was a matter of adjusting switches on those two units.

Now onto the next issue, after the reels reset to zero, the game stays in Game Over. I'll start another thread on that.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1975-top-score-not-all-score-reels-reset-decagon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.