(Topic ID: 181890)

Gottlieb 1975 Quick Draw ABC Rollover problem.

By millsy

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fastdraw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5305 (resized).JPG
IMG_5027 (resized).JPG
A9746 (resized).jpg
roll5 (resized).jpg
coin56a (resized).jpg
roll4 (resized).JPG
roll3 (resized).jpg
roll2 (resized).jpg
WP_000052 - Copy (resized).jpg
roll1 (resized).jpg
roll1 (resized).jpg
roll1 (resized).jpg
roll1 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Just about sorted out all the problems except this one.
The A,B,C Lane Rollover Lights wont turn off after activating,they do score points but stay illuminated. (refer Video).

The 3 Switch stacks 1B('A'),2B('B'),3B('C') at the Sequence Bank had been wired closed (refer Pict).Removing the wire from these switches has not made any difference.
Have checked and cleaned these switches but still cant get these rollover lights to turn off.
The only relays activating whilst activating the lane switches are the 50 point relay and the EE relay.(refer Video)
Have noticed the FG relay in the backbox does not seem to be operating -not sure if this is related.
Any clues ?

#2 2 years ago

roll1 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

roll2 (resized).jpg

#4 2 years ago

Still struggling to get those 2 relays at the sequence bank working. Wont activate at all.
Any clues ?

roll3 (resized).jpg

roll4 (resized).JPG

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from millsy:

Just about sorted out all the problems except this one.
The A,B,C Lane Rollover Lights wont turn off after activating,they do score points but stay illuminated. (refer Video).
» YouTube video
The 3 Switch stacks 1B('A'),2B('B'),3B('C') at the Sequence Bank had been wired closed (refer Pict).Removing the wire from these switches has not made any difference.
Have checked and cleaned these switches but still cant get these rollover lights to turn off.
The only relays activating whilst activating the lane switches are the 50 point relay and the EE relay.(refer Video)
Have noticed the FG relay in the backbox does not seem to be operating -not sure if this is related.
Any clues ?

Hi Millsy,
Idea !> There is a link to the 3 relays in behind the target unit (From left > Red Wire from 'EE' to '1B, 2B and 3B'. Check this for continuity.
As you know if these relays do not pull in then the rollover 'A,B & C' lights will not turn off.
The 'FG' relay you are quoting may be associated with the center pop bumper. When bumper is hit this relay operates to alternate 'when lit' bonus lights adjacent to the left and right bumpers. I have drawn this conclusion from looking at a 'Fast Draw' which I am currently working on.

Greg

oldpinballs.com

#6 2 years ago

Thanks Greg, When the rollovers are activated the EE relay energizes & points register ok,but the darn rollover lights wont go out - The 3 relays definitely do not energize. Manually activating 1B,2B & 3b relays A,B,C lights go out & the center A,B,C lights come on as they should - so all switches are working. Wouldn't think it would be the coils as none are energizing. I do have continuity from EE relay to 1B,2B & 3b relays.
Kev

#7 2 years ago

I don't have this game but have had games with similar setups. Is it possible this is a "mechanical" problem with the reset arm on that relay bank? Those are somewhat adjustable in terms of the amount of travel I think. Maybe try activating the arm by hand and look at the travel related to the relays giving you problems and check for possible adjustment.

#8 2 years ago

Did you check the coil numbers for all 4 relays? The series relay set up requires special coils that will still work since 2 coils are sharing the energize power.

#9 2 years ago

Someone had fitted a Williams coil to 1B'A' & wired it up using flimsy electrical terminals -on removal of this coil to check it ,the wire broke off at the coil (refer pict) & will be impossible to re-attach so I have ordered a new coil. Hopefully this coil may be the problem.
Is this correct - if 1B'A' coil is not working properly, 2B'B' & 3B'C' wont energize?

coin56a (resized).jpg

roll5 (resized).jpg

#10 2 years ago

No, A coil shouldn't effect B or C coils. But A,B, and C would be effected if EE is not the correct part number.

#11 2 years ago

EE Series Relay has a A-9740 (20ohms) coil fitted -in the process of trying to locate locally (aust) what is listed on the schematic A-9733 (2ohms). Pretty sure a A-9746 (2ohm) will do as well. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

1 week later
#12 2 years ago

Final update. I received a A-9746 coil, installed it, and have working rollovers!

A9746 (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago

Good news Millsy!

3 months later
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

No, A coil shouldn't effect B or C coils. But A,B, and C would be effected if EE is not the correct part number.

hi cactusjack
i was reading through and noticed you have a fast draw, i'm new to this site and have acquired a fast draw pinball machine as a project nearly 2 years ago now.
finally got it play after learning so much on these sites. anyway after reading this i went to check EE relay coil and mine is a A-9740 coil as well (same problem a,b,c, wont switch off) can't seem to trigger EE relay coil but that is another problem i haven't gotten to. for now cant advanct from player 1 ball 1 keeps playing same ball 1 all the time ??
anyway so your telling me that i have to change that coil to a A-9733 for the A,b,c, to go out ?
thanks in advance
ps have schematics, cant read them and also need to scan them to enlarge them tooo small even with glasses IMG_5027 (resized).JPG

IMG_5305 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 219.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside