1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by smohr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Grand Slam Man on 2nd relay (resized).jpg
    image0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    image1 (2) (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to get the man on base to work properly.

I found on the Hit Unit Step-up that a "L"-bracket (A-256) was broken and the coil stop not adjusted properly. When energized it would advance more then 1 "tooth" on the gear. So I replaced the "L"-bracket and re-adjusted the coil stop, now it advances one tooth per stroke.

I have verified (activating rollover switches) that when a "Single or Double or Triple or Home-Run" it hit, the appropriate relay(s) do pull in (energize).

What is happening is, when i hit a "Single" the "A" interlock energizes the Man on 1st lights and holds.

When I hit another "Single" the "A" interlock releases (I see the Man on 1st light go out for a split second) and back on and holds but no runner on 2nd. Like the "B" interlock never gets energized.

I have read and watched several times the write-up and videos that MarkG created which is unbelievable (Thanks Mark for creating them). Im still confused and not following totally.

On these interlocks ("A","B","C") just to understand how they function, when it's energized and start pulling in, if a switch is NO as soon as it closes any other switch that is NO should now be closed and any switch that is NC should be open. And this must all happen at the same time... correct?

I've had the bottom board out several times to check and adjust these switches. Is there a trick to get these interlocks working how they should.

Thanks
    Steve

image0 (4) (resized).jpegimage0 (4) (resized).jpegimage1 (2) (resized).jpegimage1 (2) (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

I'm glad the web page is helpful. When you get a single with a man on 1st base I believe that the circuit that should fire the B/Man on 2nd relay is the one in red below (from Grand Slam, not World Series):
    Grand Slam Man on 2nd relay (resized).jpgGrand Slam Man on 2nd relay (resized).jpg
    Starting from the right side,
    - the I/Triple relay should not be active so the I relay Make/Break switch should follow the red path
    - the D/Double relay should not be active either so the D relay Make/Break switch should follow the red path too
    - the E/Single relay should be active so the normally open E relay switch should be closed
    - the Hit Unit will eventually step to position 3 so the wiper should connect the two contacts on the red path
    - the A/Man on 1st relay should be active so the normally open A relay switch should be closed
    - the B/Man on 2nd relay should not be active so the normally closed B relay switch should be closed

More detail about this circuit at: https://www.funwithpinball.com/learn/gottlieb-grand-slam-base-runner-circuit-animation

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Thanks MarkG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1972-world-series-base-runners-adjustments and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.