Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wiredoug
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like a dead short to me if you're saying it blows immediately when turned on.

#8 4 years ago

Have you tried having 3,4 and just either 1 or 2 alone? I would add 1 display at a time and see if any particular display blows when connected. Start with one and go from there.

#10 4 years ago

Okay now take one of the displays you know works and put it in each display spot one at a time 1,2,3,4 and see if it lights in all four positions. This will help eliminate the connectors to some degree as the problem. Look at the displays that don't work, notice any burn, check to see if solder is bridging any components, are they gassed out.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Batcade:

Yep, they are not lit even when moved so it’s definately not a connector issue which would probably have been easier to fix vs sourcing new displays.

The displays are not that difficult to get. Place a wanted ad here on the site and of coarse ebay is full of the them. Cost you around $38-$40.00 at most per/display.

Did you take a display that worked and check each position out??? If you move only one that does not light you will never be sure the connector is solid. If you did this sorry I sometimes over look things.

#13 4 years ago

Can you get to your diagnostics? If you can it would also help if you could put the two displays that light in 1,2 first and roll through the test. Your looking to see if any of the digits come up missing segments when it goes through the digit test; test both 1,2 and then 3,4. This will help rule out a bad chip on the MPU which if bad could cause the display to go out.

#15 4 years ago

I'm not sure so I don't want to give you bad info. You should visit the pinwiki site and read up on what you should check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-1-4-amp-sb-fuse-blowing?tu=rwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.