You

Linked Games

• 2001 Gottlieb, 1971

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

So I have a 2001 machine by Gottlieb.
When I got it I had to dril out the lock on the coin door and found that the coin acceptors were not there. It has two coin slots, a dime slot for 1 play and quarter slot for 3 plays.
I was wondering what the brand coin acceptor and or model number it would take. Also where I might find them
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

The coin accepting mechanisms in that era were standard across Gottlieb/Williams/Bally and probably other manufacturers too. The only difference was the removable mounting hardware. Gottlieb used 4 short screws. Search for
coin mechanism
on ebay or post/search on parts wanted/for sale here.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#4 5 years ago

Are the dime and quarter mechanisms the same or would I be tracking down two different types

#5 5 years ago

PBR has quarter. ACCEPTOR-25A $19.80ea

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy7158:

Are the dime and quarter mechanisms the same or would I be tracking down two different types

2 different

#7 5 years ago

From what I recall back in the day, Gottlieb generally supplied Coin Mech brand coin acceptors. The specific models you want to look for are D-120 (dime) and Q-130 (quarters).

#8 5 years ago

IME, quarter mechs are east to find and can be purchased for a reasonable price. Lately, dime mechs are much harder to come by.

#9 5 years ago

i have both pm me if you are interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-%e2%80%9c2001%e2%80%9d-coin-acceptor-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.