• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230416_085259 (resized).jpg
20230502_164859 (resized).jpg
#1 12 months ago

Had some display issues. Discovered some wire corrosion goo at a few connectors.

Re-pinned a couple connectors including A1-J7 on the mpu. Displays are now back to good but now a game won't start. Left 2 digits count as I hit start button. Everything tests good in diagnostics.

Suspect I may have misordered wiring on A1-J7. Reviewed my pics and can't clearly see. Looked at sys1 manual and I've got different color wires.

Anyone have a Charlie's Angels and can grab a clear pic of A1-J7 layout?

#2 11 months ago

This tech chart lists wire colors, no idea if they are the same as the colors in the sys1 manual: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Gottlieb_Charlies_Angels_Tech_Chart.pdf

#3 11 months ago

Still trying to figure this one out. I have a variation from the Gottlieb sys1 manual and the tech chart YeOldPinPlayer shared.

The Return 0 wire on A1-J7 is white with green and purple stripe. Books say it should be yellow.

Looking at A1-J6 also shows a yellow Return 0. It is yellow.

What are the odds of this game having a different arrangement o. The A1-J7? Best image I have of harness before re-pinning.

20230416_085259 (resized).jpg20230416_085259 (resized).jpg20230502_164859 (resized).jpg20230502_164859 (resized).jpg
#4 11 months ago

rather then looking for the color code, which could bedifferent in your game, I would take
to the switch matrix chart from the manual and either check what switches are shown wrong in selftest #13
or check the connections from A1J7 to the switches with a multimeter

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from bontango:

rather then looking for the color code, which could bedifferent in your game, I would take
to the switch matrix chart from the manual and either check what switches are shown wrong in selftest #13

Yes - this. Don't rely on colors... trace them out electrically and/or physically.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from bontango:

No switches showing wrong in selftest.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

Yes - this. Don't rely on colors... trace them out electrically and/or physically.

Obviously colors aren't matching the manual.

I can't, or don't know how to, determine which tab (pin) on the MPU is what.

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Obviously colors aren't matching the manual.
I can't, or don't know how to, determine which tab (pin) on the MPU is what.

Yes... I got it. Your colors are not matching, which is why I am saying not to rely on the colors.

Use your schematic to determine what's what for each pin and finger.

Find the A1-J7 connector in the schematic. Look at your connector under magnification so you can see the numbering. Start with the wire at pin 1 in the connector. Look at the schematic and it will tell you where that wire should go. Find this place on the machine and look for the other end of this wire. You could put your DMM into resistance mode and test if this is the same wire by putting one lead on the wire at pin 1 and the other lead on the other end of the wire. If you read zero ohms, then this is the same wire. This works because the connector is unplugged so the wires are all "open" on one side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlie-charlie-s-angels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.