Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Happy clown 5 pt relay (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180916-142944_Gallery (resized).jpg
20180915_174004 (resized).jpg
20180915_174053 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

If I press a 50 point rollover switch or any switch that scores 50 when lit this is what happens. If switches on moter E1 are activated by the motor pin it scores 5 points , E3 activated scores 50 pts , E4 activated scores 15 points. This is how it scores consistantly can't get my head around it.

20180915_174004 (resized).jpg20180915_174004 (resized).jpg20180915_174053 (resized).jpg20180915_174053 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Do you have a scan of the score motor sw. card you can post?

Did you check your 3-5 ball adj. carefully; wires, shorts, etc?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Paja:

If I press a 50 point rollover switch or any switch that scores 50 when lit this is what happens. If switches on moter E1 are activated by the motor pin it scores 5 points , E3 activated scores 50 pts , E4 activated scores 15 points.

Does the score motor always turn just 120 degrees, or 1/3 turn when you press a 50 point rollover switch? Or does it turn a full 360 degrees or a complete turn when the score motor 4E (not E4) switch is activated?

What are the O/5 point and P/50 point relays doing in each of the three cases? To score 50 points, the P/50 point relay should fire, and the score motor should run for 1/3 of a turn and then stop, and the P relay should relax. The O/5 point relay shouldn't fire.

If you remove the 3/5 ball adjust jones plug does the scoring behavior change?

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the replys.
3 or 5 ball adjustment seems fine. It scores exactly the same on either setting. Motor does 1/3 of a revolutionary each time the 50 point is pressed. If I remove the jones plug from 3 or 5 ball the 50 point rollover scores correctly every time but no other 50 point features function as they are 50 points only when lit but are 5 points when not lit. 1E activates 0 relay but a switch on the P relay sparks and dives 5 points 4E does the same but awards 15 points and 3E only activates P relay which scores the 50.

Screenshot_20180916-142944_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180916-142944_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

I studied the issue a bit closer yesterday and when a 50 point switch is triggered and 4E or 1E switches are closed and it scores incorrectly P relay gives a little pull enough to open and close switches then the 0 relay takes over.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Paja:

I studied the issue a bit closer yesterday and when a 50 point switch is triggered and 4E or 1E switches are closed and it scores incorrectly P relay gives a little pull enough to open and close switches then the 0 relay takes over.

Excellent observation. On a 50 point rollover, the O/5 point relay shouldn't fire. What may be happening is that your Make/Break switches at Score Motor positions 1E and 4E are out of adjustment. When working properly a Make/Break switch moves the middle blade between the two outer blades. The middle blade should never in its travels make contact with both outer blades at the same time. If your switches at 1E and 4E are allowing all three blades to contact at the same time they might allow the O relay to fire through the highlighted path shown here for 1E (or the similar path through 4E not highlighted):
Happy clown 5 pt relay (resized).jpgHappy clown 5 pt relay (resized).jpg
With the power off, slowly turn the score motor by hand and watch those Make/Break switches to see if all three blades ever touch.

Another possibility is that the switch on the P relay shown in red isn't opening when the P relay fires which allows the O relay to fire when it shouldn't. Check that it opens and that there's no short, solder blob, or bent tabs to keep it closed.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for your time and Knowledge Mark. Ok this is what happened. Checked the switches as you suggested on 1E and 4E all looked correct. Switches on the 0 and P relays were all fine. I found by adjusting the outer switch leaf on 4e and 1e so the make and break switch was open both ways in the rest position it would score 50 points on the 2 top rollovers. But it was still scoring 5 points on the kickout holes, clown switches and red or yellow out lanes when they were 50 points when lit. So this is doing my head in again looking at switches and schematics just cant sort it. Then I spotted a hack. Someone had ran a wire from 1 outhole switch across to the other out hole switch possibly to cut out the 50 points when lit so it would only score 5 ???. Not sure. Anyway cut this wire which cut out all 50 point switches on the playfield . Readjusted the outer leaves on 4E and1E and problem solved. Machine woking and scoring

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlib-happy-clown-50-point-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.