(Topic ID: 222396)

Gottlieb Waterworld Club -- Watcha got to trade for some Dirt?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Bcanz
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5401 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpg
ww final (resized).jpg
20210421_182326 (resized).jpg
20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg
DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
20200630_165808 (resized).jpg
20200630_165804 (resized).jpg
20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

It was my first game! Really like it, and I’ve owned two, but don’t have one at the moment. The code goes deeper than most people know!

2 months later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from dhofman8080:

Hello all! I recently acquired a Waterworld machine and am pretty sure it is not working correctly. However, hard to be 100% sure since you can score a 2 ball multiball on the skillshot. The machine gives balls out like it is Christmas!!!! Sometimes even before the ball gets out of the initial ramp upon plunging, another ball pops out to the plunger. I thought maybe a switch was out of whack and triggering multiball for hitting the skillshots, however it usually is just Hopper's voice saying, "You get another chance!". Sometimes, it advances the ball play count by 1. Has anyone ran into this with this machine or another Gottlieb System 3? If so, I would appreciate pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks!

You’ll want to start by going into system test and see if there are any bad switches or optos. You get there via having the game on, and opening the coin door. There’s some buttons inside there

#28 5 years ago

I have way more fun playing waterworld than gladiators....it’s all opinion but why be in the waterworld club and be a negative Nancy?

The code is deeper than most give it credit for, but no one wants to put the time in to explore it.

4 months later
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from SitE:

Hi all. I just purchased WW. It’s my first pin and was working great until the ball went into the harpoon slot. It shot out once. The second time it fired, but not hard enough to go up the ramp. Now it won’t fire. It keeps saying “fire the harpoon” and finally the screen says call service.
Wondering if I have to replace the solenoid which one to get, where, and how do you install?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! First off it looks like the wrong coil is installed. However you should check the switch as well. If you look on pinball resource, call or email they can help you get a part(s) however Marco specialties may have them too.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is that photo showing the switch being closed? It is hard to tell from that angle. I'm not sure that switch should be making contact in the resting position. If it is touching, try bending the outside tab back straight so there is a small gap when the switch is at rest. You can use the shorter thick metal tab to help hold that thinner tab away from the inside contact. Then actuate the switch from the playfield side and make sure the faces make contact. Also take a businees card and put it between the contacts, press on the contacts and pull the card out. That will clean stray gunk off the contacts. I can take a picture of mine tonight if you need more help.

JodyG is right. That switch should be "open" aka not touching with no ball in the harpoon. WHen the ball goes into the harpoon it should close the switch , thus activating the coil to fire.

SiTe - invest in a switch adjustment tool! They are handy dandy!
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

2 weeks later
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from SitE:

I’m posting a picture of the solenoid I got for the harpoon. I went through the single test and this is the only coil not firing. I added a block of wood in the area to keep the ball out until I can figure another solution.
[quoted image]

If you can’t fire the coil in test but other coils work. May be the transistor. You can test via a dmm, and look in the manual to see which transistor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-test-a-transistor

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-waterworld-club-watcha-got-to-trade-for-some-dirt?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.