(Topic ID: 222396)

Gottlieb Waterworld Club -- Watcha got to trade for some Dirt?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Bcanz
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5401 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpg
ww final (resized).jpg
20210421_182326 (resized).jpg
20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg
DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
20200630_165808 (resized).jpg
20200630_165804 (resized).jpg
20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

This game is grossly underrated, in my opinion. Nice rule set, hard to complete both paths of the adventure, multiball, good flow. Like others have said, the movie being considered one of the all time bombs did not help, nor did the machine launching months after the movies release. Everyone who gives the machine a try enjoys it.

I did do one small change to the settings, I made sink the Deez obtainable only by completing three in a row on the board, its not in the random awards anymore so you really have to work for the four ball multiball instead of it just being given to you. I am waiting for someone to retheme a Waterworld into a Stranger Things; when the Deez flips you enter The Upside Down and have to get all four kids together to escape. It would be pretty sweet, imho.

If you have not had the chance, check out the extended directors cut as it improves the movie greatly. It is almost like another movie complete with "different" ending.

#9 5 years ago

@glycerin I will try to get that measurement for you tonight.

Here is my small corner of pinball heaven.

IMG_6631 (resized).jpgIMG_6631 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago

I second your request for a color DMD. That is an excellent looking Waterworld, talk about tricked out!

The only blemish on mine is there is wear by the flippers where they were misadjusted and wore down the playfield. I wonder how a printed decal for the area would look.

2 months later
#29 5 years ago

At the top of this page there is a play guide that is excellent as it explains the different modes, the branching storylines and more.

2 weeks later
#31 5 years ago

Man I wish someone made decals for the common flipper wear on this machine to cover the wear spots.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Mine has the wear at the flippers too. I have a NOS playfield and will be doing my first playfield swap at some point.

Any chance we could get you to scan the flipper area in a high rez format before you do the swap? I would like to try and make decals for it.

1 year later
#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I bought an NOS playfield to fix mine. I will scan it before I do the swap. Not sure when that will be. Lol

God yes, please do and help all the Waterworld owners worldwide, lol. A nice decal for the area would make my machine perfect.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

If I can get a scan or a good High Res Photo... the guitar player in my band owns a sign shop... I could get these done...

If you get it done I would even buy a CD from your band to sweeten the deal, lol.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Steve does not have it... just finished talking to him...
I did talk about doing the decals if I can get a scan... he said he was unaware of a need for them... but did say if I get them done he would be willing to go to Gottlieb Development LLC and see if they would let him sell them as he is the only Authorized North American Gottlieb reseller...

Authorized, unauthorized, as lomg as I can cover the flipper wear that around 70% of Waterworlds suffer from then I am in!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I will go get my NOS playfield and see what I can come up with. It’s in storage so it might take a few days.

MyMan (resized).pngMyMan (resized).png
#68 4 years ago

Holy shit, I would be pissed as well! Hopefully the damage wasn't too bad but damn...

Is this decal really going to happen? Oh man, getting excited!

3 weeks later
#78 3 years ago

I will try to get into my waterworld, I am working from home but 10 hours a day keeps me busy.

2 weeks later
#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I need pics of playfield wear people have by the flippers to see how large this decal needs to be and how I can have it cut around the inserts that still need to light up... I am thinking from just below the DRYLAND insert go straight across and then around the outline of the man on one side and around the top of the shoot again insert and on the right side go out to the tan rock thing... let me know....
THANKS!
[quoted image]

Here is where my flipper wear is. This is going to be sooooo much better.

DA59BCD2-1AAC-457B-B1CA-A300D138084F (resized).jpegDA59BCD2-1AAC-457B-B1CA-A300D138084F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#93 3 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

So I have a question for other WaterWorld owners out there. I'm pretty sure my table is leveled properly but I find the orbit shot to be very inconsistent. If I send the ball up the left side I don't seem to have a problem catching it on the right flipper but if I send it up the right side....there's like a 70/30 chance that the ball goes straight down between the flippers. Does anyone else find that happening? If so did you purposely make your's uneven to compensate. Just curious. I love orbits but what's the point if they're an almost guaranteed drain.

I xan say that I have never had that issue with the orbits and mine is about as level as you can get.

#99 3 years ago

If you share it on Dropbox again let me know, could try some DIY decals while I wait for the real deal...

1 week later
#105 3 years ago

Looks amazing, I am in! Thanks for doing this!

#112 3 years ago

Awesome, I am in for one, been hoping for this for three years since I got my machine. You did a great job matching it all up, looks great. Hopefully Steve can get them a licence and offer them on the PBR site for all the other people who would need it.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I can share the file when I get back from vacation... No need to get mad at me... You could have downloaded the file too.. If you want to print it yourself go ahead. UV solvent inks on a decal thin enough to not affect the ball... Set up.. Plus wasted materials since it is a small print.. With die cut holes... Unless you own a sign shop.. With setup costs will be more than $50... Most will probably charge more for a single decal... As it wastes several feet of material to print just one... I guess my time is worth nothing... Now I know why I avoided pinside for so long...

Don’t let someone with five posts on Pinside (4 of which are asking for the free image) get you down. The Waterworld thread has a long history of helping each other out and the flipper wear area decal has long been the “grail” for owners. You stepped up and got it done and we appreciate it and look forward to getting it on our machines.

2 weeks later
#119 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings Everyone,
If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names.

PM Sent with image.

1 month later
#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I am going away this weekend for my Birthday... Decals will ship early next week... sorry for the delay... but I have a real job, and this is not it... LOL
They should be there soon...

Awesome, I just got in my Mylar so I am ready!

1 week later
#134 3 years ago

The decal came in and looks fantastic! Beautiful colors and lines up perfectly. I did manage to screw up the Mylar a little when putting it down and have some small bumbles but that’s on me. Looks much better then before, many thanks for doing this for us dies bards!

DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpegDB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Electronics
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-waterworld-club-watcha-got-to-trade-for-some-dirt?tu=Matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.