(Topic ID: 222396)

Gottlieb Waterworld Club -- Watcha got to trade for some Dirt?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Bcanz
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5401 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpg
ww final (resized).jpg
20210421_182326 (resized).jpg
20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg
DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
20200630_165808 (resized).jpg
20200630_165804 (resized).jpg
20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Still in search of transistor number for right slingshot. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Tom

Found out it is Q6.

4 weeks later
#152 2 years ago

Big thanks to LATHROUM for making and supplying the lower playfield decal. Every table I've seen including mine had bad wear due to the wrong flipper rubbers being installed. Has my table looking great now. Great service to the community and a solid guy to deal with. Thanks.

20210421_182326 (resized).jpg20210421_182326 (resized).jpg20210421_182335 (resized).jpg20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#153 2 years ago
Quoted from SitE:

Has anyone had issues with the Atoll alignment?
The Deez runs fine, but Atoll is tipped up a little too high so the balls get stuck. Not the best picture but the ball is stuck at the ramp entrance.
[quoted image]

Added 12 months ago: After manually pushing it down to level the play it seems to be good now. Turned the machine on and off a few times and ball goes down the ramp now.

Yes. Some time my attole does hat too. I think is a factory issue.

1 month later
#154 1 year ago

Hi All,
I'm looking to print a new translite for my Waterworld. I'm not a big fan of the original and the one I have is pretty scratched up. My company has a commercial grade printer as well as either clear PETG or Vinyl sheets in various thicknesses.
My only issue is I don't have any images to use. Does anyone have any images they can send me?
I appreciate any help.

#155 1 year ago

I'd be interested in providing an image I did for my WW in exchange for a print. I had one done, but the material is too thin and the edges are buckling. This is the reduced small file for reference, I could take a photo of what it looks like installed if you want.

ww final (resized).jpgww final (resized).jpg
#156 1 year ago

Thanks Izzy. I’m going to double check the material we have to make sure this will work. The PETG I brought home today was too thick.

1 month later
#157 1 year ago

Finally

IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpgIMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpgIMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpgIMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#158 1 year ago

Hi all just got a really nice condition waterworld.My dive hole upkicker doesn't work the opto does thought.And only 2 flashers work the large plastic ones about 7 scattered around the playfield.The back box flashers don't work either.And the moving arm ramp moves a little in test when you push it over more it gets power over the other ramp.Any one have any suggestions.Thanks please i am very new to this.

8 months later
#159 9 months ago

Can anyone send me photos of the upkicker opto wiring, switch 50? I need a photo of each side.
thx
izz

2 weeks later
#160 8 months ago
Quoted from izzy:

Can anyone send me photos of the upkicker opto wiring, switch 50? I need a photo of each side.
thx
izz

Crap Sorry Izz - not near my game but I will be in September - if no one has replied I will hook you up!

#161 8 months ago

Solved my problem.
thx
izzy

4 months later
#162 4 months ago

I pick up my new (to me) Waterworld this week, I played this game a ton when it first came out. It will be my first pin, so any and all tricks, hints, and feedback will be appreciated.

1 week later
#163 3 months ago

Got it home and set up.

IMG_5034 (resized).jpegIMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
#164 3 months ago

Thoughts on a Cliffy hole protector? I have sent him a PM and an email with no response.

#165 3 months ago

Does anyone have a list of sizes and quantities of rubbers needed for replacing all of them in this machine? Or can steer me to where I can get that info?

#166 3 months ago
Quoted from Bcanz:

I pick up my new (to me) Waterworld this week, I played this game a ton when it first came out. It will be my first pin, so any and all tricks, hints, and feedback will be appreciated.

No tricks really - it’s a pretty rock solid game. Mine has had no issues over 6 years. Cliffy hole protection is nice for aesthetics and I have it, but it does make the hole smaller, therefore harder to make (that’s what she said lol) so if your hole is not badly worn, don’t do it. cliffy is way backed up always so just be patient. On the rubber, most parts sites have the breakdown. Enjoy, there are a few of us out here that love this game!

#167 3 months ago

Thank you for the response, it does appear the dive hole “is ready to settle down”, and yes, it is a fun game.

1 week later
#168 3 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

No tricks really - it’s a pretty rock solid game. Mine has had no issues over 6 years. Cliffy hole protection is nice for aesthetics and I have it, but it does make the hole smaller, therefore harder to make (that’s what she said lol) so if your hole is not badly worn, don’t do it. cliffy is way backed up always so just be patient. On the rubber, most parts sites have the breakdown. Enjoy, there are a few of us out here that love this game!

So put the Cliffy on right away or wait?

IMG_5398 (resized).jpegIMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
#169 3 months ago

Cliffy installed.

IMG_5401 (resized).jpegIMG_5401 (resized).jpegIMG_5402 (resized).jpegIMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
#170 3 months ago
Quoted from Bcanz:

Cliffy installed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Its a good move. The shot DOES become a bit harder. You may want to replace the black cushion on the diverter with something softer to make it not rebound so hard. I used a piece of cushioned beer seal

#171 3 months ago

Thanks for the info, but black cushion on the diverter? Not sure what you are referencing.

#172 3 months ago

It should have pad on that metal above dive hole if it doesn’t it will tear up ball and tear up ur playfield

#173 3 months ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

It should have pad on that metal above dive hole if it doesn’t it will tear up ball and tear up ur playfield

Ahhh, thank you.

#174 3 months ago

Ok, new question, anyone know the part number/name of the piece circled? It’s hex shaped with part milled out for a rubber and it’s about 1 1/2” long.

The bottom portion is “supposed” to thread into the playfield and is used to hold down the Cliffy. The threaded portion is broke off and the bottom is in the nut in the playfield, which I need to remove as well.

For a cushion I bought some heavy duty double sided tape and a bike inner tube which I will cut a square out the shape and size of the deflector and stick that on.

IMG_5573 (resized).jpegIMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#175 85 days ago

Bump for part # in previous post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Cabinet - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-waterworld-club-watcha-got-to-trade-for-some-dirt/page/4?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.