(Topic ID: 222396)

Gottlieb Waterworld Club -- Watcha got to trade for some Dirt?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Bcanz
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5401 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpg
ww final (resized).jpg
20210421_182326 (resized).jpg
20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg
DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
20200630_165808 (resized).jpg
20200630_165804 (resized).jpg
20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Alright
Here is a 600 dpi scan of the lower playfield flipper area. I loaded it on dropbox since it is 95mb. I only have the standard account so the link will only work for 7 days. So someone might be able to download it and put it on a permanent site if they want. The scan is just a pure scan and has not been edited at all so you will have to do all of that. The colors are not as vibrant as the ones on the playfield so you will have to color match as necessary.
Here is a picture to show you what area was scanned.
[quoted image]
Hope this helps you guys out.
https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAGCBFUk2C0a-RnXCB2bPlSQgiVrRe8eFekVO1sfzGR1QbqjesiE

any chance you still have this and could share again?

#102 3 years ago

UPDATE!!!!

Ok... I think we have the file scaled out to print... getting a test print this week (I am on vacation over the weekend)

printing from flipper shaft hole to flipper shaft hole... from just under where it says DRY LAND to the bottom of the graphics down the drain... so like the shape of a home plate in baseball...

there will be a hole around SHOOT AGAIN that will be will be a die cut circle so that will light up correctly... and the wear does not seem to affect the insert on any I have seen...

You can trim the decal to your choosing before you apply if you want...

not planning on doing any coating on the decal... I think extending mylar past the edges will help any future wear, so I am going to be cutting my own mylar to put over it and further protect the area... but he can print them with a gloss coating also...

UV stable inks.... blah blah blah...

Looking in the $50 - 60 range for the decals since it will be a small run... and my buddy needs to recoup setup time and costs... I am making nothing on these...

will post next week how it turns out and see who needs them...

#103 3 years ago

here is a quick pic (small) of what will be printed... if your wear is outside of this area.. your playfield is hosed... just kidding... I have not seen any worn beyond this area, and mine is pretty bad...

ww decal (resized).jpgww decal (resized).jpg
#104 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks for making the effort to do this

#105 3 years ago

Looks amazing, I am in! Thanks for doing this!

#106 3 years ago

Someone can fix the spelling mistake in the thread title?

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I never noticed it... now I can't unsee it... thanks! :/

#108 3 years ago

Got the first decal... Colors are not exact, but close enough I think. Looks better in person. Camera actually exaggerates the difference. Lines up great. I applied it and put Mylar over it. I removed the flipper bats and shafts and the ball guides when I applied it. Decal goes all the way to the drain. Then I cut a slightly larger piece of mylar to put over it. Way better than bare wood that's for sure.

Sticker is super thin so as not to affect the ball in any way. Have to be careful when applying it not to stretch it any. I lined up the top folded back part of the backing and cut it off and worked from the top down to apply it. looks like the cost will be $60. They are UV solvent inks on the sticker. Scan is 600 DPI and matches the playfield well. You will need to mylar over it to protect it, but the rest of the playfield has mylar anyway.

Let me know who is interested. If we can run a bunch I can probably get the price down.

20200630_155939 (resized).jpg20200630_155939 (resized).jpg20200630_165804 (resized).jpg20200630_165804 (resized).jpg20200630_161134 (resized).jpg20200630_161134 (resized).jpg20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg20200630_165808 (resized).jpg20200630_165808 (resized).jpg

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Done. Somehow forgot "i" before "e" except after "c". . .

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Got the first decal... Colors are not exact, but close enough I think. Looks better in person. Camera actually exaggerates the difference. Lines up great. I applied it and put Mylar over it. I removed the flipper bats and shafts and the ball guides when I applied it. Decal goes all the way to the drain. Then I cut a slightly larger piece of mylar to put over it. Way better than bare wood that's for sure.
Sticker is super thin so as not to affect the ball in any way. Have to be careful when applying it not to stretch it any. I lined up the top folded back part of the backing and cut it off and worked from the top down to apply it. looks like the cost will be $60. They are UV solvent inks on the sticker. Scan is 600 DPI and matches the playfield well. You will need to mylar over it to protect it, but the rest of the playfield has mylar anyway.
Let me know who is interested. If we can run a bunch I can probably get the price down.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would love it if you could just share the file? I can print it on my own, I know someone on this thread scanned the image for you, and gave it to everyone for free. the link they shared has expired and now you want 50 bucks for it?

#112 3 years ago

Awesome, I am in for one, been hoping for this for three years since I got my machine. You did a great job matching it all up, looks great. Hopefully Steve can get them a licence and offer them on the PBR site for all the other people who would need it.

#113 3 years ago

I can share the file when I get back from vacation... No need to get mad at me... You could have downloaded the file too.. If you want to print it yourself go ahead. UV solvent inks on a decal thin enough to not affect the ball... Set up.. Plus wasted materials since it is a small print.. With die cut holes... Unless you own a sign shop.. With setup costs will be more than $50... Most will probably charge more for a single decal... As it wastes several feet of material to print just one... I guess my time is worth nothing... Now I know why I avoided pinside for so long...

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I can share the file when I get back from vacation... No need to get mad at me... You could have downloaded the file too.. If you want to print it yourself go ahead. UV solvent inks on a decal thin enough to not affect the ball... Set up.. Plus wasted materials since it is a small print.. With die cut holes... Unless you own a sign shop.. With setup costs will be more than $50... Most will probably charge more for a single decal... As it wastes several feet of material to print just one... I guess my time is worth nothing... Now I know why I avoided pinside for so long...

Don’t let someone with five posts on Pinside (4 of which are asking for the free image) get you down. The Waterworld thread has a long history of helping each other out and the flipper wear area decal has long been the “grail” for owners. You stepped up and got it done and we appreciate it and look forward to getting it on our machines.

#115 3 years ago

+1 on the above comment, well said!!!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Not upset at all, Was just hoping you could share the original file that was expired because I missed it and didn’t want to pay for it because it was shared amongst this community. If that’s the way you roll, go for it. Don’t sweat it over me, no need to send the file. Peace

#117 3 years ago

Just got back from VACAY... PM me if you want a decal for your Waterworld... I will see how many people we get and let you know pricing.

#118 3 years ago

Greetings Everyone,

This is Rob from Pinshakers and I have some good news for you. We are getting ready to release the next version of our shaker kits and they will be compatible with Waterworld! Beta testing was completed on a Stargate and the results are amazing.

An official announcement will go out as soon as the kits are released. In the meantime we need your help. Since the manuals for Gottlieb are unavailable for download, we have no idea what the trigger names are for each machine title. If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names. Our email address is [email protected] in case you are unable to PM images on pinside.

Please do not post any images of the manual here in the forum. They are copyrighted material and we want to respect that. We will not post or distribute the images you send us and they will be deleted once we get the information we need in order to complete the user manuals for the shaker kits.

Thank you so much for your assistance, we can't wait to get these kits out to you guys!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Greetings Everyone,
If you happen to have a manual for one of the machines in this line-up, could you please PM or email us the solenoid list. It should be located on the page for "Vll Parts Information" in a small section called "Solenoid, Driver Functions/Locations". That lists all of the solenoids/flashlamps and their names.

PM Sent with image.

#120 3 years ago

Here is the link the Waterworld flipper area scan... the file is HUGE... it is on Google Drive so it will not expire... it will stay as long as I leave it up... I will leave it as long as I can...

I only had two people respond to me about decals after I posted here...

I had one person repeatedly ask for the file because he didn't get the file and he would print it himself etc... AND I was not a fan that he tried to call me out like I was trying to make $ off of something that was given away... I did spend time getting it done... finding a printer, testing fit etc... and was basically selling the decal for cost and time... (like I need $5 for the effort of getting it done, setup, driving to the shop etc... I was recouping my costs that was it)

have at it... almost every Waterworld I have seen has wear issues... If you want a decal let me know... and I will get them printed ASAP...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zf6oQihPKTUteNNI9M-1N_CPRw4c3bJ3/view

1 week later
#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Here is the link the Waterworld flipper area scan... the file is HUGE... it is on Google Drive so it will not expire... it will stay as long as I leave it up... I will leave it as long as I can...
I only had two people respond to me about decals after I posted here...
I had one person repeatedly ask for the file because he didn't get the file and he would print it himself etc... AND I was not a fan that he tried to call me out like I was trying to make $ off of something that was given away... I did spend time getting it done... finding a printer, testing fit etc... and was basically selling the decal for cost and time... (like I need $5 for the effort of getting it done, setup, driving to the shop etc... I was recouping my costs that was it)
have at it... almost every Waterworld I have seen has wear issues... If you want a decal let me know... and I will get them printed ASAP...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zf6oQihPKTUteNNI9M-1N_CPRw4c3bJ3/view

I would LOVE a decal for mine sir. If you get those printed I would gladly buy one from you. ^_^ Thank you so much for your contribution.

1 week later
#122 3 years ago

Still waiting to see anyone else who fixed their Waterworld wear spots with the file.... what did you get charged to print it up? just wondering...

Oh and Your Welcome to all the people who thanked me for re-uploading it after they chastised me for having the file in the first place.

I will talk to my printer and get a few decals printed up... looks like only 4 people need one... so I will have 4 printed up...

Hope to have them done in the next week or two.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Still waiting to see anyone else who fixed their Waterworld wear spots with the file.... what did you get charged to print it up? just wondering...
Oh and Your Welcome to all the people who thanked me for re-uploading it after they chastised me for having the file in the first place.
I will talk to my printer and get a few decals printed up... looks like only 4 people need one... so I will have 4 printed up...
Hope to have them done in the next week or two.

You're awesome sir. ^_^

#124 3 years ago

Patiently waiting for my decal

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Patiently waiting for my decal

Taking my son to college this week... I should be getting them printed next. I have to front the $ to get them done.

thanks for your patience...

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Taking my son to college this week... I should be getting them printed next. I have to front the $ to get them done.

Awesome. If you'd like me to send you money via paypal just lemme know.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

No worries dude, as long as i'm on the list there's no rush

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

Awesome. If you'd like me to send you money via paypal just lemme know.

And the same from me!

#129 3 years ago
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
#131 3 years ago

If you did not PM me about the decals and you want one... please do... thanks!

#132 3 years ago

I am going away this weekend for my Birthday... Decals will ship early next week... sorry for the delay... but I have a real job, and this is not it... LOL

They should be there soon...

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I am going away this weekend for my Birthday... Decals will ship early next week... sorry for the delay... but I have a real job, and this is not it... LOL
They should be there soon...

Awesome, I just got in my Mylar so I am ready!

1 week later
#134 3 years ago

The decal came in and looks fantastic! Beautiful colors and lines up perfectly. I did manage to screw up the Mylar a little when putting it down and have some small bumbles but that’s on me. Looks much better then before, many thanks for doing this for us dies bards!

DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpegDB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
#135 3 years ago

Cool, got to wait for mine to get to the UK, trying to be patient!

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

The decal came in and looks fantastic! Beautiful colors and lines up perfectly. I did manage to screw up the Mylar a little when putting it down and have some small bumbles but that’s on me. Looks much better then before, many thanks for doing this for us dies bards!
[quoted image]

Looks Great! Glad to have helped!

1 month later
#137 3 years ago

I have two decals left? Anyone else?

1 month later
#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I have two decals left? Anyone else?

I know I’m late to the party but do you happen to still have any decals? If so, unless I missed it, what is your asking price? I will be picking up a Waterworld machine soon as my first pin and I assume if I don’t need one of these now I will eventually.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from toddlamp:

I know I’m late to the party but do you happen to still have any decals? If so, unless I missed it, what is your asking price? I will be picking up a Waterworld machine soon as my first pin and I assume if I don’t need one of these now I will eventually.

I have one left already printed up and ready to go...

PM me... $45 shipped to you...

I can get more... but I have to do a whole run and he charges me by the foot of material as many as he can fit....

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I have one left already printed up and ready to go...
PM me... $45 shipped to you...
I can get more... but I have to do a whole run and he charges me by the foot of material as many as he can fit....

Thanks. My account is still too new and I can’t PM anyone just yet. I will hit you up tomorrow (when it says my 48hrs are up) or you can email me. My address is my username @gmail.com.

1 month later
#141 3 years ago

All of the Flipper Area Decals are gone... if there is enough interest I can get more printed... Thanks guys! Enjoy your pins...

My first time doing this kind of thing. Glad to have helped a few pins look a little better.

#142 3 years ago

So I start looking for a solution for my wear marks today... 2 days after Lathroum posted all Decals were gone

If you ever have enough interest to make another batch, please let me know!

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

So I start looking for a solution for my wear marks today... 2 days after lathroum posted all Decals were gone
If you ever have enough interest to make another batch, please let me know!

If you can drum up some more people... my printer has a minimum because of the size of the material... the more he makes the less they cost the less wasted material. And last time I did a VERY small run...

lmk

1 week later
#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

If you can drum up some more people... my printer has a minimum because of the size of the material... the more he makes the less they cost the less wasted material. And last time I did a VERY small run...
lmk

I would like one, pm sent.

2 weeks later
#145 3 years ago

hey, i am also interested in buying a printed page for the waterworld, i ve bought one yesterday and it needs lots of restoration. The place near the flippers is one of it. very nice done.
It takes a while on this side to be able to contact people personal. But i am waiting to get accepted.

2 weeks later
#146 3 years ago

Doing another small run of the playfield decals.

1 week later
#147 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the Atoll alignment?
The Deez runs fine, but Atoll is tipped up a little too high so the balls get stuck. Not the best picture but the ball is stuck at the ramp entrance.

E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpegE62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

After manually pushing it down to level the play it seems to be good now. Turned the machine on and off a few times and ball goes down the ramp now.

#148 3 years ago

I have 5 of the flipper area decals available $45 shipped to you. PM me.

1 week later
#149 3 years ago

Can someone tell me the MosFit transistor # to the right kicker coil?
Thanks,
Tom

#150 3 years ago

Still in search of transistor number for right slingshot. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-waterworld-club-watcha-got-to-trade-for-some-dirt/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.