(Topic ID: 222396)

Gottlieb Waterworld Club -- Watcha got to trade for some Dirt?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5401 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220511_215621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220511_210418 (resized).jpg
ww final (resized).jpg
20210421_182326 (resized).jpg
20210421_182335 (resized).jpg
E62E2462-566E-4F2F-A6A3-1D39577142BC (resized).jpeg
DB4C750F-8675-47F8-B6B0-67884490C97F (resized).jpeg
20200813_125910_HDR (resized).jpg
20200630_165808 (resized).jpg
20200630_165804 (resized).jpg
20200630_162100~2 (resized).jpg
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from SitE:

I’m posting a picture of the solenoid I got for the harpoon. I went through the single test and this is the only coil not firing. I added a block of wood in the area to keep the ball out until I can figure another solution.
[quoted image]

If you replaced the switch and the coil and stil not working you should also check the fuse and the diodus.

10 months later
#52 4 years ago

Anyone ever scan the flipper area to make decals?

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Anyone ever scan the flipper area to make decals?

I bought an NOS playfield to fix mine. I will scan it before I do the swap. Not sure when that will be. Lol

#54 4 years ago

A good high res pic might work...

#55 4 years ago

Looking for the Dry Land plastic at top of the playfield...

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I bought an NOS playfield to fix mine. I will scan it before I do the swap. Not sure when that will be. Lol

God yes, please do and help all the Waterworld owners worldwide, lol. A nice decal for the area would make my machine perfect.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

God yes, please do and help all the Waterworld owners worldwide, lol. A nice decal for the area would make my machine perfect.

If I can get a scan or a good High Res Photo... the guitar player in my band owns a sign shop... I could get these done...

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

If I can get a scan or a good High Res Photo... the guitar player in my band owns a sign shop... I could get these done...

If you get it done I would even buy a CD from your band to sweeten the deal, lol.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Looking for the Dry Land plastic at top of the playfield...

Check with Pinball Resource.
good luck

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Check with Pinball Resource.
good luck

Steve does not have it... just finished talking to him...

I did talk about doing the decals if I can get a scan... he said he was unaware of a need for them... but did say if I get them done he would be willing to go to Gottlieb Development LLC and see if they would let him sell them as he is the only Authorized North American Gottlieb reseller...

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Steve does not have it... just finished talking to him...
I did talk about doing the decals if I can get a scan... he said he was unaware of a need for them... but did say if I get them done he would be willing to go to Gottlieb Development LLC and see if they would let him sell them as he is the only Authorized North American Gottlieb reseller...

Authorized, unauthorized, as lomg as I can cover the flipper wear that around 70% of Waterworlds suffer from then I am in!

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Authorized, unauthorized, as lomg as I can cover the flipper wear that around 70% of Waterworlds suffer from then I am in!

SOMEONE GET ME A PIC OR SCAN!!!

#63 4 years ago

I will go get my NOS playfield and see what I can come up with. It’s in storage so it might take a few days.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I will go get my NOS playfield and see what I can come up with. It’s in storage so it might take a few days.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

MyMan (resized).pngMyMan (resized).png
#66 4 years ago

Now... Anyone want to scan that DRYLAND plastic for me?

#67 4 years ago

Well. I stopped by and for the playfield. Man was I surprised when I walked around the corner. My storage unit was full of water. They were remodeling the outside of the building and someone didn’t take steps to prevent the rain from coming in. I wasn’t even aware they were working on the units. Needless to say, I was pissed.
65488668-4FAD-4486-A83D-93101DB4A769 (resized).jpeg65488668-4FAD-4486-A83D-93101DB4A769 (resized).jpeg3FAB8EDC-8659-41BC-9588-F86866AEC6F0 (resized).jpeg3FAB8EDC-8659-41BC-9588-F86866AEC6F0 (resized).jpeg

So now to the playfield. It was wrapped in cardboard thank goodness. I got a little water transfer from the cardboard but at least it wasn’t sitting in water itself.
BFEB24AD-C369-4A36-A024-05CF74E6CF2C (resized).jpegBFEB24AD-C369-4A36-A024-05CF74E6CF2C (resized).jpegFAD9769C-F110-4801-A93E-E0AC6EB0C069 (resized).jpegFAD9769C-F110-4801-A93E-E0AC6EB0C069 (resized).jpeg

It’s in the shop and drying nicely so I think it will be good to go.
I will try and get scans tomorrow.

#68 4 years ago

Holy shit, I would be pissed as well! Hopefully the damage wasn't too bad but damn...

Is this decal really going to happen? Oh man, getting excited!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Well. I stopped by and for the playfield. Man was I surprised when I walked around the corner. My storage unit was full of water. They were remodeling the outside of the building and someone didn’t take steps to prevent the rain from coming in. I wasn’t even aware they were working on the units. Needless to say, I was pissed.
[quoted image][quoted image]
So now to the playfield. It was wrapped in cardboard thank goodness. I got a little water transfer from the cardboard but at least it wasn’t sitting in water itself.
It’s in the shop and drying nicely so I think it will be good to go.
I will try and get scans tomorrow.

AWESOME on the scans...

Sorry about the water...

#70 4 years ago

So I am assuming that the only scans needed are the flipper wear area. Is this correct? I have the wear on my machine so I will scan that area on the new playfield. Any particular dpi people are looking for (300/600/1200)?
Any other areas need scanned.
What would be the best way to make available?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

So I am assuming that the only scans needed are the flipper wear area. Is this correct? I have the wear on my machine so I will scan that area on the new playfield. Any particular dpi people are looking for (300/600/1200)?
Any other areas need scanned.
What would be the best way to make available?

600 dpi should work... you can email it to me... I can PM my Email...

#72 4 years ago

Alright
Here is a 600 dpi scan of the lower playfield flipper area. I loaded it on dropbox since it is 95mb. I only have the standard account so the link will only work for 7 days. So someone might be able to download it and put it on a permanent site if they want. The scan is just a pure scan and has not been edited at all so you will have to do all of that. The colors are not as vibrant as the ones on the playfield so you will have to color match as necessary.

Here is a picture to show you what area was scanned.
thumb (resized).jpgthumb (resized).jpg

Hope this helps you guys out.

https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAGCBFUk2C0a-RnXCB2bPlSQgiVrRe8eFekVO1sfzGR1QbqjesiE

#73 4 years ago

AWESOME THANKS!

1 week later
#74 4 years ago

Shit! missed it!

#75 4 years ago

I have the file if you need it... PM me...

1 week later
#76 4 years ago

I have done a little prelim work with the scanned image... I printed it on paper and it does not quite line up... so I will do a little tweaking of the image and get it to line up better... the guitar player in my band owns a sign shop... once this corona stuff dies down he can print them on vinyl and have mylar cut and put on the top... so it will just be a remove backing and put in place kind of deal... or do you think a larger mylar over the decal so there is no edge to it? which do you think is better?

#77 4 years ago

OK... so I have been going through my water world... and I have found I am missing the same Ball guide that everyone is missing... does not seem to affect the game play.. BUT.. I kinda would like it to be there... so anyone have an extra one, or the tools to make me on... it is the ball guide on the Left side that leads to the trading post... the one that keeps the ball from hitting the left side of the left pop bumper... anyone? ALSO... if anyone had picture UNDER the plastics to the two left pop bumpers... and how the Jet Ski guy is mounted to the playfield and the rubber ring between the two flippers? someone added or changed something here and it looks wonkey on mine... THANKS

#78 4 years ago

I will try to get into my waterworld, I am working from home but 10 hours a day keeps me busy.

1 week later
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

OK... so I have been going through my water world... and I have found I am missing the same Ball guide that everyone is missing... does not seem to affect the game play.. BUT.. I kinda would like it to be there... so anyone have an extra one, or the tools to make me on... it is the ball guide on the Left side that leads to the trading post... the one that keeps the ball from hitting the left side of the left pop bumper... anyone? ALSO... if anyone had picture UNDER the plastics to the two left pop bumpers... and how the Jet Ski guy is mounted to the playfield and the rubber ring between the two flippers? someone added or changed something here and it looks wonkey on mine... THANKS

The reason that many people are missing this part is because the manufacturer didn't predict the fact that the ball will hit this spot thousands of times during the game. As a result the side bar will eventually brake. I got the same problem and I saw it brake live during a game I had. Gottlieb people should had put more support there.
It will affect your gane play in some occasions. The ball will get trough and got stuck between the bumper and the supports of the bar lanes coming from the Atoll.
I replaced it with one that I made in a local blacksmith shop. The one I made is much stiffer and will handle many ball hits without problem. It's almost unbreakable. So I suggest that you do the same.
15867630752183166065982957857006 (resized).jpg15867630752183166065982957857006 (resized).jpg

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

The reason that many people are missing this part is because the manufacturer didn't predict the fact that the ball will hit this spot thousands of times during the game. As a result the side bar will eventually brake. I got the same problem and I saw it brake live during a game I had. Gottlieb people should had put more support there.
It will affect your gane play in some occasions. The ball will get trough and got stuck between the bumper and the supports of the bar lanes coming from the Atoll.
I replaced it with one that I made in a local blacksmith shop. The one I made is much stiffer and will handle many ball hits without problem. It's almost unbreakable. So I suggest that you do the same.
[quoted image]

I do not have a local blacksmith shop to work at... LOL... not sure how to go about making this part at all...

Also... like I said.. someone did something weird between the two pop bumpers where the jet ski guy attaches (under the plastics)... I have two plastic posts under there and I don't think that is right... it looks like someone added it for some reason... just trying to sort out all of the little things on the game... but I am liking it...

#81 4 years ago

On another note... I have tested the high res scan for fit on my playfield to repair the flipper wear... I printed it on paper and attached it to some temporary mylar just to see how it lined up... it is better... but still not an exact fit... I will do some more editing to the image to get things to line up...

I had to split the image to get it to fit... and you can see it does not quite line up on the eye of the octopus, the face of the man with the gun and the tail of the shark thing... I will tweak that to get it right... and fix the middle where I had to make two images... I am hoping I can just resize it some to fit...

in the meantime... I need pics of playfield wear people have by the flippers to see how large this decal needs to be and how I can have it cut around the inserts that still need to light up... I am thinking from just below the DRYLAND insert go straight across and then around the outline of the man on one side and around the top of the shoot again insert and on the right side go out to the tan rock thing... let me know....

THANKS!

20200413_105202 (resized).jpg20200413_105202 (resized).jpg

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I do not have a local blacksmith shop to work at... LOL... not sure how to go about making this part at all...
Also... like I said.. someone did something weird between the two pop bumpers where the jet ski guy attaches (under the plastics)... I have two plastic posts under there and I don't think that is right... it looks like someone added it for some reason... just trying to sort out all of the little things on the game... but I am liking it...

After the lock down you could find a blacksmith shop. It could also be a store that there making iron parts or whatever. It's an easy job for someone with the proper tools and knowledge and it will cost you almost nothing.
There is also another way to do it. Very easy. Just put two posts where the orin bar used to be and then place a rubber between them like the rubber we used for the bumpers above the flipper. Ofcourse it should be smaller. You can do this alone with out help. Very easy.

Could you upload a pic of what are you saying about the posts?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

On another note... I have tested the high res scan for fit on my playfield to repair the flipper wear... I printed it on paper and attached it to some temprary mylar just to see how it lined up... it is better... but still not an exact fit... I will do some more editing to the image to get things to line up... in the meantime... I need pics of playfield wear people have by the flippers to see how large this decal needs to be and how I can have it cut around the inserts that still need to light up... THANKS![quoted image]

I hope this will help you.

20200413_175831 (resized).jpg20200413_175831 (resized).jpg
#84 4 years ago

Hi all,

I'm a new Waterworld owner and have a machine that was brought to the UK from Morocco (of all places) but has a lot of issues. I was wondering if anyone has a PDF of the manual (I have ones for Stargate, HH and other Gott's so they are about) of this machine they could email me? I will get a proper one but want to get cracking Please PM me if you have one you could share, thanks in advance.

A couple of the issues....

20191107_124246 (resized).jpg20191107_124246 (resized).jpg
20191107_150943 (resized).jpg20191107_150943 (resized).jpg

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I need pics of playfield wear people have by the flippers to see how large this decal needs to be and how I can have it cut around the inserts that still need to light up... I am thinking from just below the DRYLAND insert go straight across and then around the outline of the man on one side and around the top of the shoot again insert and on the right side go out to the tan rock thing... let me know....
THANKS!
[quoted image]

Here is where my flipper wear is. This is going to be sooooo much better.

DA59BCD2-1AAC-457B-B1CA-A300D138084F (resized).jpegDA59BCD2-1AAC-457B-B1CA-A300D138084F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#86 3 years ago

Fix for missing ball guide on most Waterworld pins. Pinball Resource part 29883. Has a slight bend. Bend flat. Front mount is exact. Drill new hole for back mount. Fits perfectly.

20200507_155904 (resized).jpg20200507_155904 (resized).jpg
#87 3 years ago

I would definitely be in for a flipper area decal. The wear on mine is up to the Mylar just like the others shown. Thanks for doing this!

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from BaymenCoach:

I would definitely be in for a flipper area decal. The wear on mine is up to the Mylar just like the others shown. Thanks for doing this!

OK... I have the artwork... I just need to finish resizing it... then I will send it to my guy for a test print... so I am looking at Mylar down... I will cut around the insert on the SHOOT AGAIN so we don't have to mess with the insert light... and I think I will extend it up into the lanes where the ball drops on the playfield to mitigate any damage there also... so from just below dry land and down to under the flippers...

BTW.. this wear is caused by using the wrong flipper rubbers... it causes the ball the skid over this area as the flippers push it wearing down the playfield... make sure you have the thin Gottlieb flipper rubbers...

#89 3 years ago

Awesome! Keep me posted. When I got mine it had Bally flippers on it. Changed to the correct flippers and rubbers now. Thanks!

1 week later
#90 3 years ago

I would be in for a flipper area decal as well please. Finally got my game set up, Time to get to work!

20200517_181512 (resized).jpg20200517_181512 (resized).jpg20200517_181518 (resized).jpg20200517_181518 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#91 3 years ago

Hi All I am looking for a DMD plexiglass cover panel if someone has a spare laying around
Thanks, Jeff

2 weeks later
#92 3 years ago

So I have a question for other WaterWorld owners out there. I'm pretty sure my table is leveled properly but I find the orbit shot to be very inconsistent. If I send the ball up the left side I don't seem to have a problem catching it on the right flipper but if I send it up the right side....there's like a 70/30 chance that the ball goes straight down between the flippers. Does anyone else find that happening? If so did you purposely make your's uneven to compensate. Just curious. I love orbits but what's the point if they're an almost guaranteed drain.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

So I have a question for other WaterWorld owners out there. I'm pretty sure my table is leveled properly but I find the orbit shot to be very inconsistent. If I send the ball up the left side I don't seem to have a problem catching it on the right flipper but if I send it up the right side....there's like a 70/30 chance that the ball goes straight down between the flippers. Does anyone else find that happening? If so did you purposely make your's uneven to compensate. Just curious. I love orbits but what's the point if they're an almost guaranteed drain.

I xan say that I have never had that issue with the orbits and mine is about as level as you can get.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I xan say that I have never had that issue with the orbits and mine is about as level as you can get.

Hmmm...well that's reassuring. I'll try re leveling. I didn't want to believe that it was because of bad design since I find the rest of the shots in the game fun to make. Thanks for replying sir.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I would be in for a flipper area decal as well please. Finally got my game set up, Time to get to work!

Are you missing the ball guide on the left side of the drop targets going into the orbit? I posted a fix for this...

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Are you missing the ball guide on the left side of the drop targets going into the orbit? I posted a fix for this.

Thank you, I will check.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I have the file if you need it... PM me...

you don't still have this file by any chance do you? it would be amazing if you do!!! thanks!

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from scarecrowoven:

you don't still have this file by any chance do you? it would be amazing if you do!!! thanks!

Yes, I do...

#99 3 years ago

If you share it on Dropbox again let me know, could try some DIY decals while I wait for the real deal...

#100 3 years ago

Any chance you could share the file, I would massively appreciate it if you could!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-waterworld-club-watcha-got-to-trade-for-some-dirt/page/2?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.