(Topic ID: 171210)

*solved* Gottleib system 3 playfield opening procedures and positions...

By KillerQ

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by KillerQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20161016_160723 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161016_160730 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20161016_151703 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161016_151652 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KillerQ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey all,

I know modern games have rails that assist in someone pulling the playfield up and out which enables them to flip it back to work on the rear of the playfield, etc...

On my 1995 Gottlieb Big Hurt, I know I can raise the playfield using the support rod, but I don't like how that causes the playfield to twist slightly, so I always just tilt it back a bit just past vertical and it sits there nicely...

However, it's a bitch trying to get to items in the rear of the playfield.

According to the metal tracks that the playfield it seems that I can lift up a bit and then out.... And then up again... And really lean it back in order to work on the underbelly.

Is someone bored and feel like making a video of the best way to open and prop the field up?

That would be awesome!

#4 7 years ago

Perfect, thank you so much! The part at about 2:05 is what I needed to see.... I wanted to be sure they were able to to that.

Also, once you had it out on the boards, could it have been flipped up and back again to gain access to the rear underside better?

Thanks again, you rock! Great idea with the straps, by the way!

#6 7 years ago

Thanks again...

I wonder what those two brackets are for.... They don't fit into anything inside the cabinet so it's intriguing...

Also, if you examine the shape of the metal track that the playfield glides on, it seems that there may be more positions.... It's like a mystery!

#7 7 years ago

Myst,

Dude.... Your video turned in a light bulb in my head. Just keep pulling over the next hump and look what happens!

I did the math, and realized that there was a lot more distance on the track than what you pulled it out to. So, I pulled a bit more, when over one more riser, and look at these beautiful results!

There is still more room to slide, but I'm not gonna bother!

Wahoooo!

I hope this helps others....

IMG_20161016_151652 (resized).jpgIMG_20161016_151652 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161016_151703 (resized).jpgIMG_20161016_151703 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

Ouch....

Is this close enough? www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30945-745

Call Steve Young at Pinball Resource.... He may have one...

#10 7 years ago

IMG_20161016_160730 (resized).jpgIMG_20161016_160730 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161016_160723 (resized).jpgIMG_20161016_160723 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

It always seems to stick. I'm tempted to take a wax candle and rub the edges of the wood.... That will help tremendously.

I'm glad you found the replacement plastic. That's a good price considering they aren't as plentiful any longer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KillerQ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-system-3-playfield-opening-procedures-and-positions?tu=KillerQ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.