Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BarryMulvihill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

game doest boot. never fixed one of these before. looking for hints before i tear it apart lol.

an early stern i fixed (metor) didnt boot. i fixed it by re soldering wires from transformer to transformer board. hoping maybe something like that, but the insides of this gottlieb are a bit different.

any insight would be awesome.
thanks in advance.
-barry

#4 6 years ago

Thank you. I will post results .

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Be sure to do the Ground updates:
http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Ground_Updates
Do you have anything on the displays? Turn the lights off in the room so you can see as they may have dimmed considerably. I once had a Sys1 game where all the displays were out but on closer inspection they just very dim.

There's dim lighting on player 1

#7 6 years ago

I unplugged/plugged back all connectors.

At power on, game pulses power to backglass and Playfield.

Connector issue? Thinking power supply board ....

#10 6 years ago

I'm not getting the 5 volt and the 12 volt on power board. Turning said two knobs don't make an adjustment

Would replacing power board components be the next logical step?

...Connectors I'm sure are another. Just curious if it sounds like capassitors suck.

Sorry I'm a newbie at gottlieb system 1

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Brypten:

The power supply is a pain to work on, you have to desolder a component just to work on the board as well as unscrew a few transistors. Simple circuitry though, troubleshooting is easy. They do make replacement boards but you will still have to re-pin your connectors. Let me know if you have any questions, I am local to you and well versed in the system ones

Thanks for offering help. Def cool if ya ever wanna come take a gander.

I've replaced board parts on two Williams boards, successfully, so leaning towards getting parts for power board on this one.

Everytime I plug/unplug stuff a little changes. Currently I can obtain the -12 volts and the +8 volts on power board j2 and j3. The others are not there.

Also to note, on first power up I can get the 5 volt but after a minute or two of game on I cannot.

There is also a "crinkle" like quietly burning bacon heard at power board. Yesterday I removed board, and re soldered pin connectors. It looked great from behind.

I'm thinking it's connectors , or just faulty board components. But again, not sure.

I'm gonna find the c things Mrhankey91 mentioned now.

#16 6 years ago

Alright so just one more post an hopefully next will be solution:

Power does not work. I'm looking at options being: power board rebuild, buy a new power board, or buy a Pascal board.

Question: are there tests to see if other boards are faulty if power is currentlly faulty?

If other boards are faulty too I'm leaning towards Pascal. If it's only power it's easier/cheaper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BarryMulvihill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-system-1?tu=BarryMulvihill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.