(Topic ID: 257287)

Gottleib Spider Man

By Joeynelyse

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

After turning on my spider man game this evening, my son realized that he was getting points simply by activating the flippers. I don't know if something was touched and it changed a setting, but I can't figure out how to put it back to normal. When he hits the right flipper it gives 20 points, and 10 points for the left flipper.

#2 4 years ago

When you are energizing the flippers, it is tripping another switch.

First, turn the game off, reseat the connectors on the driver board and the interconnect harness (connects the MPU to the driver board).

Second, check the lugs on the flipper coils to make sure the wires haven’t come disconnected (broken solder). If they are ok, check the playfield switches to make sure none of the leafs are getting inadvertent contact or arcing. Check the rubber tension on each switch too.

#3 4 years ago

Ok, I'll check them. The points are going up if I even tap the board or the side of the game. Any vibration activates the scoreboard.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Ok, I'll check them. The points are going up if I even tap the board or the side of the game. Any vibration activates the scoreboard.

Check and reseat all of the connectors in the backbox, and in the cabinet. There are also two pop bumper control boards on the underside of the PF, closest to the backbox.

#5 4 years ago

Obviously turn the game off when you are reseating connectors.

#6 4 years ago

You have a switch with a gap below specs. Take the glass off and start a game. Touch every switch. My guess is one of your 10 pointers is the culprit. Most likely a band moved slightly on a slingshot or something. The vibration from the flippers is enough to cause a scoring switch to make contact. Don't forget to check the ones on the pop bumpers and behind the drop targets. When you find it widen the gap slightly. You should be good. The other possibility is one of your diode board diodes failed (it happens on Gottliebs).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-spider-man?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.