Gottleib score advance issue

By Madmax356

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have a 1973 King Pin.

My issue is that the 1000 reel advances sometimes when is is not supposed to. For example, score 500 and get 1500 next time 2500.

Score reels rebuilt and seem to be working good.
Play field everything working.

This machine has a bank of ten targets. They can add either 500 or 5000 depending on specials.
During a malfunction when only the one relay should pull in, I can see both relays pull in and pulse for the 5000 and 500 relays.

I don't have a schematic.

Any good guesses on what to check next. Not much info to go on so ask away.

Thanks

Jay

#2 7 years ago

Check the operation of the related relays, the 5000,etc. Make sure that points are not closing when they aren't supposed to. There is a switch closing somewhere that shouldn't be. I would pull each relay, clean and adjust.

#3 7 years ago

You'd have to find what circuits are sending power to the 1000 point score reel solenoid. Check the following switches to make sure they are adjusted properly and operate correctly:

Score motor switch 1A - switch with red/white wire and red/green wire
Relay switch A - switch with red/green wire and brown/red wire
Thousands unit runout switch - switch with brown/red wire
Relay switch L - switch with red/black wire and brown/red wire
Relay switch M - switch with red/white wire and green/white wire
9th position hundreds unit switch - switch with green/white wire and green/white/red wire
Left target switch - switch with brown/white/red wire and slate/white wire
Right target switch - switch with brown/white/red wire and slate/white wire

One of these switches might be adjusted too closely and a vibration during scoring might make a switch close. Also, check the wire lugs and wires on all the switches to make sure they're not shorting out...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-score-advance-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.