(Topic ID: 218348)

Gottleib Covergirl wont start up but did?

By jbfisher18

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skidave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3066 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I replaced a switch and i know little about the machine but with a tester the switch appears to be working and all 6 fuses sea(I assume thats all of them)m to be fine with a tester. I found 2 loose wires on the transformer and resoldered them but that did not help? Much needed help. Thanks in advance from York Pa

IMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#3 5 years ago

Have you verified that 115 volts AC is getting to the transformer?

#4 5 years ago

What happens when you power it up? Lights? Anything? Please give more detail.

#5 5 years ago

Tell us more. I would only need a medium quality scan or pictures of a schematic. That assumes its not something simple which won't require a schematic.

#6 5 years ago

I'm in York. I'm willing to help if you need. I also have another friend that is in York that may be willing to help. Send me a PM.

#7 5 years ago

Thank you for your willingness to help. This should be a simple fix as it worked fine about 2yrs ago when i changed the toggle switch. Absolutely Nothing at all happens when it is plugged in. Tested the toggle switch with a voltmeter and it is allowing power to go thru the switch. Not sure how to test the transformer to see if it is getting 115 v ac. I won't have much time to play with it till saturday. I will check this each evening though.

IMG_3066 (resized).JPGIMG_3066 (resized).JPG
#9 5 years ago

This is the best i can explain. i have a black and white wire on one lower terminal of transformer and a red wire on the other lower terminal of transformer both of those wires have 115 volts. each one i tested from terminal to ground. not sure if thats the way to do it or not. i have 3 fuses right inside the coin box. all 3 showed 115 v from fuse to grind. i have a 5amp slow blow fuse at the end of the white neutral wire that is also plunged into the outlet. i don't get a reading when i touch the fuse and ground. I put a new fuse in and no change. nothing is working? Any thoughts.

1 month later
#10 5 years ago

I went to jbfisher18's place last night to lend a hand with the problem. Really, the problem was the machine was in the middle of a game and would not start properly if the power was turned off. I figured this out after some basic troubleshooting. Once we ended the game, everything was ok.

This one is solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottleib-covergirl-wont-start-up-but-did and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.