• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-03-19_23-01-33_412.jpg
2013-03-19_23-01-19_129.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Picked up a Gott. touchdown that spent the last 15 years in a basement not working. I got just about everything working except the displays. It is very clean and in great shape. Does anyone have an idea? I am assuming it is the connections as that was the issue with everything else on the pin. The boards and displays look new. I also need help with dipswitch settings (may be the issue) on the boards as the previous owner said he messed with them. I do not have the manual yet, need one.

Thanks in advance!

#2 9 years ago

John Trudeau pin and only 711 made, Plays really well and seems to be a fun pin.

#3 9 years ago

Sold mine years ago. POS with display problems and not much fun to play when working. There is a reason only 711 were made. No one wanted it.

And don't bother calling it a Gottlieb. It was a "Premier" at this point. And if I remember the manual was even stamped with the dreaded "MYLSTAR" logo. At that point management had the joke that MYLSTAR spelled backwards was RATSLYM - Pronounced Rat-Slime.

Bad playing game with a fugly backglass. Do not put time or money into this.

#4 9 years ago

Taxman, Tell is how you really feel

#5 9 years ago

Ha, guess I'll sell at Allentown instead of hear.......it is an early SS, I haven't put any time on it but from what I see it doesn't seem too bad but hey it took me months and months to figure out why people didn't like IJ4....

#6 9 years ago

Doesn't anyone know system 80A's??

#7 9 years ago

Only that it's slightly newer then System 80. I own 80's and once owned a 80B, but never any 80A's.

Good place to start is the System 80 pinwiki.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

#8 9 years ago

First you should check the display voltages using the test points on the power supply.
TP3 Common to TP2 should be +42VDC
TP3 to TP1 should be +60VDC
TP3 to TP5 should be +8VDC

While you are at the power supply check your
+5VDC --TP3 to TP4 it is adjustable, but the control potentiometer can be bad and adjustments should made with the 5V distribution connectors removed from the power supply.

Display driver connectors at the CPU

pinwiki.com -- has some good information.

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

Sold mine years ago. POS with display problems and not much fun to play when working. There is a reason only 711 were made. No one wanted it.
And don't bother calling it a Gottlieb. It was a "Premier" at this point. And if I remember the manual was even stamped with the dreaded "MYLSTAR" logo. At that point management had the joke that MYLSTAR spelled backwards was RATSLYM - Pronounced Rat-Slime.
Bad playing game with a fugly backglass. Do not put time or money into this.

Hey thanks for the help. It sure looks like a Gottlieb to me.

2013-03-19_23-01-19_129.jpg 2013-03-19_23-01-33_412.jpg

#10 9 years ago

pinball

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Do not put time or money into this.

Do not listen to this grump.

Thats a pretty sweet looking unique playfield if anything.

If you dont want it, let me know.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Hey thanks for the help. It sure looks like a Gottlieb to me.

Go to IPDB and look the game up. It says "Primeir". Opps, hate to let facts get in the way.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Do not listen to this grump.
Thats a pretty sweet looking unique playfield if anything.
If you dont want it, let me know.

Grump? So if you call me names can I call you stupid? I did own one. How many did you own? So your useless opinion saying it "looks sweet" means really means nothing. Wow another person who know nothing but have something to say.

Oh, sorry, yes you should buy one and spend lots of money. It is "rare" and looks sweet.

#13 9 years ago

Geez Dave, way to make someone feel bad for buying a game and trying to fix it.

To add to what minnesota13 said, I'd be looking at the solder connections on the power supply board connector pins first. They are usually bad. Then check any connectors that display power would go through from the transformer to the displays.

System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Go to IPDB and look the game up. It says "Primeir". Opps, hate to let facts get in the way.

Opps? First off do you mean oops or ops "operators"?

It may say that on IPDB but I clearly see whats written all over the pin. Haven't found the word primeir on the pin yet but it may say it somewhere. It really doesn't matter to me which it is. The pin is one of 711 made and its in SWEET condition. Needs a new backglass as the artwork is cracked and taped from previous owner but boy is it clean and under used. All I want to do is get it working 100% bringing it back to life, spend some time on it and then sell it for a fair price. Its better then throwing it in a dumpster and removing one more pin from the worlds line-up!

I will take your opinion that its a POS as you call it but I have owened IJ4 and Popeye in the past and both were worth owning to me.

5 months later
#15 8 years ago

If you still have this you wouldn't happen to want to sell the back glass would you? I just picked one up that's in great shape and I paid pennies for it but the back glass is wrecked.

1 month later
#16 8 years ago

Sorry I sold it a little while back......

9 months later
#17 7 years ago

Get a "sweet" deal for it in the end?

4 months later
#18 7 years ago

I did ok and sold for a fair price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 7.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!