You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Target pool Schematic - S Relay Circuit (resized).png
D relay (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello gents,

I picked up a Target pool about a month ago, fixed several things that were broken, bent, rebuilt score reels, steppers, etc.

Got the machine almost running 100% - a couple issues:

1) machine will not start a game with the replay button pushed and will not increment plays on the credit unit when pressing switch in coin chute 1 or 3 (when game is in play, you can press the switch in the coin chute and credits will be added or manually engage W extra chute relay ).

In order to start a game I need to manually engage S start relay, R hold relay, then manually press in solenoid on control reset bank - everything works after that and I can play a 5 ball game (game wont end because I am missing the second spindle on the ball count unit that wont trip the switch)

2) I need to verify wiring on score motor 2C - I read another thread on pinside and a user posted a photo of his 2C section but there was only one jumper wire between 2C and 2B switch. I have two jumper wires between 2C and 2B but they don't match the photo - any help appreciated here.

3) I have a snippet of the schematics but am not 100% confident interpreting them. Schematic shows an X (Game Over relay found on control reset bank) and XX relay - for the life of me cannot find this relay, its not labeled and no relay appears to be missing from the cabinet or backbox.

Thank you all in advance.

WP

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

I have a snippet of the schematics but am not 100% confident interpreting them.

First thing to do is to order a schematic from Pinball Resource, and maybe a manual as well. You really can't expect to own an EM machine without.

#3 4 years ago

Very true currieddog. If Gottlieb schematics were freely available, as other brands, it would help tremendously...

#4 4 years ago

Very true currieddog. If Gottlieb schematics were freely available, as other brands, it would help tremendously...

As Currieddog suggested, Pinball Resource should have a schematic but I don’t think a manual is available for your machine. Marco Specialties has a schematic also.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DOC2305

#5 4 years ago

If Gottlieb schematics were freely available, as other brands, it would help tremendously...

Of course, but they're still under copyright, so here we are.

#6 4 years ago

A manual for Target Pool is Unobtanium.
If you get a schematic let me know. If not
I can photo specific sections or the full doc and email you.

Good luck on the fixes. I think it's one of the most challenging games ever with a great upper PF.

#7 4 years ago

Thank you twoplays25c

Are you able to take a photo of your score motor 2C and 2B wiring? That would help alot. Other thing I will do is use jumper wire to try to find problem in the circuit between the coin door and S start relay.

#8 4 years ago

Thank you twoplays25c
Are you able to take a photo of your score motor 2C and 2B wiring? That would help alot. Other thing I will do is use jumper wire to try to find problem in the circuit between the coin door and S start relay.

That one is shoehorned between 2 other gamess, with an old very heavy cedar chest underneath all of them.
I'd need to move out a game AND the chest to get to it.
I will check with you, may be something I can do over the weekend.
Thx.

#9 4 years ago

Thank you. I received a photo of the score motor

#10 4 years ago

D relay on sequence reset bank (attached under playfield).

Is this normal for one wire (light gray/silver with orange) to be connected to four pinched switch tabs? Or should jumper wire been used?

D relay (resized).jpgD relay (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Mine isn`t like that you need to investigate that further.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

Mine isn`t like that you need to investigate that further.

Thanks. How does yours look?

#13 4 years ago

I just looked closer after moving the wires, it looks the same as your all 4 are connected together.

#14 4 years ago

On your question 2, mine has 1 jumper on 2B & 2C( the 2 closest to the motor). 3rd question is there is no xx relay. For any parts call Pinball Resource.

#15 4 years ago

Update 4-21-2020:

Problem 1) When I turn the machine on, it immediately goes into the full start sequence (score motor turns, reels reset, control bank resets, and sequence bank resets.)

I have no credits on the credit unit and the appropriate switches are open at the zero position (I have not set the game up to freeplay).

Pressing the replay button does not activate the S relay nor does pressing either coin chute switches (also, coin chute switches do not add any credits to the credit unit).

The plus side: I can play a full 5 ball game and all scoring works as it should.

Problem 2: Game will not go into game over and I must press in the solenoid on the ball count unit to reset.

Yes...I plan to put in another order to PBR...restored a Gottlieb Hulk a couple months back...restoring a Gottlieb Spider-Man (with my 6 year old)...Gottlieb Atlantis...and the Target Pool...

1 week later
#16 3 years ago

Update 4-29-2020:

O relay has been adjusted properly and outhole fires correctly. Switches properly gapped and game will go into game over after the fifth ball drains.

Small success.

Still having problems with replay button not engaging S relay (credits are on the machine). I have tested the circuit with jumpers (one jumper on the red-white wire and one jumper furthest away, starting at the S relay Blue-white wire. S relay energizes up until the yellow wire on score motor 1C (this yellow wire goes from 1C outer switch to SB relay).

I would think the S relay would still energize since the yellow wire / SB relay is in the path unless I am thinking incorrectly?

Target pool Schematic - S Relay Circuit (resized).pngTarget pool Schematic - S Relay Circuit (resized).png
#17 3 years ago

I have tested the circuit with jumpers (one jumper on the red-white wire and one jumper furthest away, starting at the S relay Blue-white wire. S relay energizes up until the yellow wire on score motor 1C (this yellow wire goes from 1C outer switch to SB relay).
I would think the S relay would still energize since the yellow wire / SB relay is in the path unless I am thinking incorrectly?[quoted image]

You SHOULD have a path through the normally closed switch at 1C, but the fact that the S relay is not energizing when you move the jumper to the yellow wire there suggests that this NC contact needs to be checked.
Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotllieb-target-pool?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.